Author Topic: "Just get your cat out of your apartment."  (Read 24061 times)

scap64

Re: "Just get your cat out of your apartment."
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
Please please please I am begging you, come to my house and help me with my pets.
Pets in/on the bed, cat in the fridge, on the bench, I'm over run [perhaps I just have too many............. Nah, I need a goat  ;D]

Pets in/on the bed I can understand - they are so warm and cuddly.

But why do you put cat in the fridge??  ??? >:D

Kaylee

• Super Hero!
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 09:39:03 PM »
Please please please I am begging you, come to my house and help me with my pets.
Pets in/on the bed, cat in the fridge, on the bench, I'm over run [perhaps I just have too many............. Nah, I need a goat  ;D]

So he can be a cool hep cat?   8)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2008, 09:57:06 PM »

We don't put the cat in the fridge.

The cat puts himself in the fridge in order to get the food. And then we remove him and close the door. And then we open it again to get something and there goes the cat, right up into the fridge and helping himself to the chicken AGAIN. And then we remove him, AGAIN, and it starts all over.

One of the most popular sayings around here is "You are not a fridge cat!!!" (which of course, the cat ignores ::) ).
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Wry Exchange

• Appalachia, USA
    • Wry Exchange
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2008, 11:16:06 PM »
Mo the cat graciously permitted us to live with her for 23 years.  During her time, she trained 4 other cats, 5 Dobermans, a really playful Labrador, and a gerbil.  The dogs ALL feared respected that 6 pound dainty terror.
I never would have moved her or any of our pets out of the house.  I'll keep them away if you ask nicely, but that's as far as we go.

Hopium

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2008, 01:29:32 AM »
Hey! Total newbie here!

Anyways, I'll start by saying I despise cats. Having worked for WIRES (care for injured native animals) and being a bird-nut, I've been left with an overriding disgust for them.

But I'd never ask a friend to get rid of theirs.

I do have 3 couples that are friends that have cats (excuse my poor grammar etc but I'm brain-fried). My partner is very allergic to them. He simply can't visit.

He used to stay over at his cousin and brother's place a fair bit (they were all footy freaks together - Manly Sea Eagles - NSW, Australia) but then the flatmates bought a dingdangity cat. He couldn't stay anymore. It broke his heart.

What we do is we ask that the cat be kept in a separate room and I ask if I could come over and help clean before the party so we can stay. My buddies tend to like that bit quite alot!

bionelly

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »
I had a Golden Retriever/White Shepard mix dog before I moved to Hawaii.  She had her own cat.  The dog had been around our older cats since she was a puppy, so she was socialized to cats.  Then we took her to my ex-BIL's where his cat had a litter of kittens.  GingerBear played with the litter and picked one of the kittens, so we let her keep it.  She cared for that kitten like it was her own.  She even tried to nurse the kitten! The kitten grew up to be a 20 pound "Great White" cat.  She would hold the dog's face between her paws & lick her face clean.  They would sleep cuddled up together. So cute!

My sister's cat Spike had a pet cat. She was a neighborhood stray and was terrified of people. I pet her once, after spending a good half hour talking to her and coaxing her up the steps to our deck where they would get fed. My dad used to feed them and the dog (who liked cats) and he said every once in a while if he had one hand on Pupdog and one hand on Spike, Squadcar (the kitten - she was black & white like a squad car) would come up and rub next to Spike and then get freaked out and run away again. She followed Spike wherever he went, they groomed each other and everything. It was so cute. We could actually sit out on our deck and watch him teach her out in the back yard. He would do something, look at her, and she would mimic him. I've never seen anything like those two. I've had a few cats myself; but Spike was hands down the coolest cat ever.

We used to get quite a few orphaned kittens when I was a kid (almost all from the same feral cat who lived on our property who we never could catch to spay, and who would consistently abandon her kittens after 1 or 2 weeks, grrr!) and while we would always bottle feed them, one of the older male cats would always adopt them and kind of teach them how to be cats.  We referred to it as "uncle-ing", and it seemed like it was passed down from one litter to the next, so Crash uncled Sid, who uncled Al, who uncled Mao, who uncled Fractal.  I always wondered if that was a typical thing for male cats to do when they were surrounded by kittens with no kitty role-models, or if it was just part of the culture of our group of cats (especially since, with the exception of Crash, only cats who had had uncles became uncles.)  It seemed especially strange that it was always a male cat that did it, even though we almost always had female cats who had also been from uncled litters.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »
I had a friend whose male cat was always bringing home strays and taking care of them until they could fend for themselves.  Then the little cat would leave, and Lucky would find a new foster cat.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

StaciNadia

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2008, 01:03:18 AM »
It might be a male cat thing.  The two father stray/feral cats I've seen are very loving to their kittens.  One licked his son and then snuggled up to him while he slept.  It was so cute.

When we brought in 2-week-old Muchi, Ricky picked him up like a mother cat and took care of him/played with him.  Muchi, in turn, is a big brother-type to the Schmoopies.

MissRose

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »
One of my friends said regarding pets:

Dogs have owners...Cats have staff

(so true - I've had a cat and dog in the past!!)

I would never dream of asking a friend or significant other to get rid of a pet.
If I was not fond of it, I would keep my distance from the animal if it tried to be mean to me!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »

Wow, i have never heard of other male cats Uncle-ing (love the terminology). That's so cool!
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

jane_savannah

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »
Wow, some people have nerve!  You were absolutely right.

MightyMouse

• Here I come to save the day!
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2008, 03:17:11 AM »
That man has a lot of nerve demanding that you boot your cat out of HER home just because he doesn't like being around cats!  >:(  I have to wonder what he'd say if he was to be invited to our home.  You see, we don't have one cat, we have SIX.   >:D  Good for you, OP, for politely sticking to your guns and letting him know that your home is also your cat's home, and she won't be kicked out due to one person's entitlement.