I could have sworn I had already replied, but I cannot find it, so....
Thank you all so much for your replies and your support. I am so happy to report that we no longer socialize with the Idiot or his family. There were many such comments made in the 14 years we knew them, but finally last year my husband had just had enough and I no longer have to suffer their company.
Just for laughs, a few things the wife has said:
1. She called my oldest daughter ugly when I showed off her senior pictures.
2. She called my middle daughter "strange" because she's athletic.
3. She called my son "spoiled" and a brat, although she had NEVER MET HIM!
4. She also said I couldn't possibly understand the love she has for her son, because I'm "not a mother" Yes, she knew about my first son, and knew about our 3 adopted children when she said this.
5. She said that I hate all children, simply because I do not wish to be around her spoiled rotten little "Pookie" My kids found that comment hilarious! They thought it was even funnier when her husband said the same thing.
6, I am a terrible hostess because I asked her "Pookie" to remove his muddy shoes from my new sofa.
7. My husband should divorce me because I'm fat and ugly.
8. My children are well-behaved due to "good bloodlines" from their birth parents..... they must have been German.
9. Her "Pookie" had every right to go into my bedroom and go through my nightstand drawer and my underwear because that's how things are done in Germany (We lived in Idaho) and I was petty for being offended.
10. I will just never understand real etiquette because I am American and ALL Americans are rude. Yes, She was born and raised in Germany, but has lived in the US for 20 years with her American husband.
11. She also refuses to speak to her husband's family, and does not allow them to see or speak to her (and her husband's) son, as they don't speak German, and have not taken the time to learn her language.
I am so glad my husband has finally seen the light and I no longer need to spend time with these "friends".