Author Topic: "You must have had a c-section because your husband's white"???  (Read 13639 times)

ClaireC79

Re: "You must have had a c-section because your husband's white"???
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 07:56:45 AM »
To be fair the vast majority of CPD cases (cephalopelic disportion - baby too big) are more a case of a malpositioned baby, a baby who has his head well flexed and is in an OA position will fit through his mother's pelvis (unless she has rickets or diabetes etc), a baby who decides to try and look where he's going, has his head on a wonk, a hand up or is OP won't always.

There are so many occasions where the woman has a section for a 'too big' baby then subsequently has a vaginal birth for the next (bigger) baby - the positioning makes so much difference - oh and those who say they had forceps because the baby wouldn't fit through?  That makes no sense, the baby can and DID fit through - I can accept you needed help but if it got through the pelvis - be it because you pushed or someone else pulled, then your pelvis was big enough.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »
My mother knew ahead of time she would be having c-sections for both myself and my brother. My father has much bigger bones than my mother does- plus we were big babies. My father's distant ancestors did have larger bones in general than my mother's distant ancestors. And my brother and I turned out to have large frames. But the c-sections were due to actual baby size and not so much my father being blond and my mother being brunette.
I have pet mice!

Maryann

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 12:49:26 AM »
This is one of the most dumbfounding anecdotes I've ever heard. I really don't think I could have stopped myself telling her something to the effect of "My husband is the same race as I am, and neither of us mix with racists."