News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 05, 2016, 07:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What should I do/wording help  (Read 1284 times)

GardenGal

Re: What should I do/wording help
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 05:02:08 PM »
Great update - so glad the owner was so easy to work with and so understanding.

HannahGrace

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 05:12:22 PM »
Sounds like the bride has great taste in restaurants :). I'm so glad it worked out!

Bijou

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 11:23:51 PM »
Thank you everyone for all your advice. I have a good but not exciting update.

I called the restaurant and asked about setting up a pri-fix menu with just one even price for all. The owner invited me to come in off hours to talk about the menu. When I went in the owner was super nice and as we were chatting I briefly told her WHY I was asking for this and the nickel and dime crowd I was bringing.

Apparently her husband's family is the same exact way. She felt my pain and we had a good laugh and swapped war stories. She then offered to give each girl a separate check and add in the cost of the bride's meal. She also said that she would have us out of there at the right time to make the show. The tip will be added into the check amount (which I will tell everyone) and she will give us the checks early.

This is a REALLY nice gesture and I said thank you a million times.

I am going to tell everyone that they will get separate checks, I will give all the details and encourage people to pay via credit card to keep things fast and easy. I also will say we will be leaving the restaurant at a specific time and we need to leave at that time to make the show.

Thank you everyone for your advice and help!!!!
I was going to suggest that you do the pre fixed menu so it would be easier, and I think it's great that you tried to arrange it.  Especially since it turned out they will do separate checks for your group, after all.  I'll bet that restaurant is on your great place list! 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.