• March 18, 2018, 12:56:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Grammar and spellling that make you twitch  (Read 401831 times)

Re: Grammar and spellling that make you twitch
« Reply #1980 on: March 14, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
I made myself twitch.

As Wednesday is 3/14, my office full of nerds will celebrate Pi(e) Day.  I don't actually like pie crust that much, so I'm going to make an apple crisp (or, as I will defend myself Wednesday 'crustless pie').

I thought, well I can use a square pan, so my Pie are square.  But the grammar of that bothered me too much, so I'll have to make two.  (If I can find a small square bakeable container, I could make the wheatless one in that (coworker has issues digesting large amounts of wheat, but no problem if there is kitchen cross contamination))

I'll be honest, a square pie to celebrate Pi kinda irks me.  ;)

Think (pi)r2

No, I know, it's a beautiful pun! Pi pies that don't have an actual radius of their own. Makes me a little sad, to be honest.

It's been 2 decades since high school, the last time I dealt with Pi.  I know 3.14 and (pi)r2. (also a pie pan wouldn't have been big enough for all the apples, so this worked out.

Just to help in your defense for future Pi(e) Days: a crisp is a kind of pie. It's what's called a "spoon pie," like crumbles, cobblers, slumps, grunts, pandowdies, etc. And you can make one in a pie plate if you want to keep the circle theme.  ;D