News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 22, 2017, 04:08:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 351053 times)

Cleargleam

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #3030 on: July 19, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
Reheating tea (even herbal tea) isn't exactly a best practice, but tea bags with no staple, so I can reheat the tea (peppermint) when I need to. 

LondonAngel

« Reply #3031 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:32 PM »
that my friend is so stoked the new doctor is a woman, he plans to cosplay with his wife. he's going to be the 12th Doctor. last time she was Missy/Master

Chez Miriam

« Reply #3032 on: July 20, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
The Good Ethnic Boy's surgery was two weeks ago and he's already able to walk around without crutches; he only uses one crutch when he's tired or if we're out of the house, mostly for balance. ;D

That's so brilliant!  I'm glad he's making such great progress.
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Chez Miriam

« Reply #3033 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:15 AM »
I've heard the same basic premise more than once, particularly with the rise in popularity of various online platforms, as you don't always know who you're conversing with.  And in this particular exchange, I deliberately obscured the topic because debates on that topic have been known to get extremely nasty, though I can happily pm a link to the actual exchange.  But it was glorious.  And it made me happy.  Honestly though, the part that made me the happiest is that the whole exchange, with both people, and various others, stayed civil and polite, never resorting to insults and threats like so many online debates do these days.

I don't think you need to restrict it to PM's - you could post it here. Nothing wrong with posting a link, if you warn people ahead of time what they might encounter (such as NSFW or potential nastiness.)

Oops, I read that to 'PM me if you'd like the link'. :-[  I would like the link, please.

I think the worry about posting the link here is that if it's a contentious topic, we could end up with the thread getting locked...
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

mmswm

« Reply #3034 on: July 20, 2017, 11:41:52 AM »
I've heard the same basic premise more than once, particularly with the rise in popularity of various online platforms, as you don't always know who you're conversing with.  And in this particular exchange, I deliberately obscured the topic because debates on that topic have been known to get extremely nasty, though I can happily pm a link to the actual exchange.  But it was glorious.  And it made me happy.  Honestly though, the part that made me the happiest is that the whole exchange, with both people, and various others, stayed civil and polite, never resorting to insults and threats like so many online debates do these days.

I don't think you need to restrict it to PM's - you could post it here. Nothing wrong with posting a link, if you warn people ahead of time what they might encounter (such as NSFW or potential nastiness.)

Oops, I read that to 'PM me if you'd like the link'. :-[  I would like the link, please.

I think the worry about posting the link here is that if it's a contentious topic, we could end up with the thread getting locked...

No problem.  I replied.  :)

And yup.  It's a seemingly innocuous topic that leads to an enormous amount of vitriol online and in real life.  Just not worth the risk.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Chez Miriam

« Reply #3035 on: July 20, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »

No problem.  I replied.  :)

And yup.  It's a seemingly innocuous topic that leads to an enormous amount of vitriol online and in real life.  Just not worth the risk.

I saw the reply: thank you very much.  Having seen it, I think it's definitely worth keeping it off this thread.