News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 01:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 2207824 times)

pattycake

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #7140 on: November 20, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »
Twice today I've gotten calls from numbers that AT&T Protect flagged as telemarketers. Both times, I answered "Hi, you're on the air!" and got about 30 seconds of silence in return, before they hung up.

Brilliant!

LadyBe205

« Reply #7141 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:45 PM »
Twice today I've gotten calls from numbers that AT&T Protect flagged as telemarketers. Both times, I answered "Hi, you're on the air!" and got about 30 seconds of silence in return, before they hung up.

Brilliant!

For some strange reason my finger slips and holds down the * button on my landline phone when telemarketers call.   >:D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:43:55 PM by LadyBe205 »

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #7142 on: November 20, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »
DH got a fishing email that purports to be from an online merchant. It had pictures of each item, descriptions, item numbers, and prices. The only link was a "click here" to track your package.  :o

Too bad he hadn't ordered cute petite lacy pajama bottoms, baby and toddler clothes, or lingerie. I told him he would have looked adorable in them.  >:D
Now I have mental images of LadyBeard (you'll probably have to google image search that, beefy bearded Australian wrestler/heavy metal singer who models cute girly outfits and works in Japan).

My eyes!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
You're welcome!  ;D
<3

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #7143 on: November 21, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
I'm getting frustrated by a company that really wants me to attend one of their training seminars.  I was getting so many emails that I added them to the junk email list so I wouldn't have to see them. all the emails come from "Lisa Davis"  but the actual email is different on each, so that even though I have added over and over, I still get at least one email from this company daily.

and then I got a "Lisa Davis" email that I tried to add to the junk list without even looking at it and Outlook wouldn't let me because this was a real human being who is part of my organization. 

You should be able to block the domain rather than the "person" who's emailing.  So what ever is after the @ symbol can be marked as spam.

Thank you! 

I didn't know this was possible, so I hadn't done it. I went into my settings today and found where I could do this. I'll have to see tomorrow if I get any more "Lisa Davis" emails. 
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.