News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 22, 2015, 10:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Losing" FB friends due to business promotion and MLM stuff  (Read 3739 times)

Lexophile

Re: "Losing" FB friends due to business promotion and MLM stuff
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
I have a similar problem, but with people who use their FB accounts for work-related stuff. I had a friend I hadn't spoken to in years and was really looking forward to getting back in touch with her, but she's a music/drama director and all she ever posts is choir, the school play, this student who did so well, this picture of someone singing at a microphone, this list of cast members for the musical, this update for the choir competition, this schedule for the mid-season concert ... I eventually did block her because I know none of these kids and the details were getting a bit annoying.

I've also considered blocking people who don't really know how to use FB. Like my sorority sister who filled my entire feed with random photos of her kid's gymnastics meet because she didn't understand how to post an album of pictures all at once instead of one picture at a time. I'm proud of my kid too, but geez.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim