A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What's for Dinner?

(1/1427) > >>

Buffy2424:
I thought it could be fun to have an ongoing What's for Dinner thread.  People could ask for recipes if they're interested in someone's dish, but also feel free to reply that you're having canned soup or going to a great restaurant with relatives.  Any other details too, of course.  Most dinners it is just me and DH, though. 

Anyway, I am making Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce shortly.  I add about 1/3 cup of diced jalepeno to the basic wine-parsley-baby clams recipe, and I really like the extra kick that gives.  It's also a pretty quick dinner because after chopping garlic and parsley, it is just a combine and cook for 5 minutes type of deal.

MDefarge:
Made a crock pot pot roast with mushroom gravy, it smells soooo good right now, as soon as BF is finished with the rice I'll nuke some veggies. 

SkylerY:
Actually we had leftovers of Auntie Venom's Italian Pasta Salad from last night!  Good combination, yum, and even better a day later!

Brentwood:
We are having a delicious cool spell after several days of heat-wave temperatures (it's breezy too; feels just like a perfect autumn day!), so I am making chili in the crockpot (3/4 lb very lean ground sirloin, 1 chopped sweet onion, chili beans, tomatoes, seasonings). I'd love to make biscuits or yeast rolls, but my oven is on the fritz.

NOVA Lady:
grilled shrimp, snow peas, water chestnuts, cellophane noodles in a spicy peanut sauce.

With enough left over for lunch. YUM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version