Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 583246 times)

snoopygirl

• everybody loves an irish girl
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »
I got myself the ingredients to make Chicken Ceaser salad.  I will have that for dinner. I wanted tomatoes too but couldn't justify the cost of them. I would be the only one eating them and produce is so expensive now. Since hubby doesn't like salad I thought he could make some of the chicken with rice or potatoes.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2008, 12:16:26 PM »
Tonight the BF's going to be making chicken tikka masala, and we have some rice in the freezer, so it should be a fairly quick, yummy, meal.

Granted, I don't eat chicken, but Indian sounds so yummy right now.

I'll be making potato & leek soup, crema styled: make the soup in a standard broth, then remove half and puree.  The potatoes really thicken the soup and make it nice and creamy without actually adding a bunch of cream.

lol, after reading about your soup, I'm ready to swap suppers!  Sounds delicious.

Deal!  Can I also have the BF to do the cooking?  You can have him back afterwards, I promise.  :-)

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2008, 12:30:54 PM »
Tonight the BF's going to be making chicken tikka masala, and we have some rice in the freezer, so it should be a fairly quick, yummy, meal.

Granted, I don't eat chicken, but Indian sounds so yummy right now.

I'll be making potato & leek soup, crema styled: make the soup in a standard broth, then remove half and puree.  The potatoes really thicken the soup and make it nice and creamy without actually adding a bunch of cream.

lol, after reading about your soup, I'm ready to swap suppers!  Sounds delicious.

Deal!  Can I also have the BF to do the cooking?  You can have him back afterwards, I promise.  :-)

But then who will make my soup ;) ;D

Honestly, I have to brag for a minute - I never in my entire life expected I'd end up with someone who is such a fantastic chef - and so willing to try new flavor/spice combonations - believe me I know just how lucky I am...did I mention he does dishes too >:D lol, so sorry he's not going anywhere ;D

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
I do not know what to make. I haven't been feeling hungry. Yesterday I fed everyone else sandwiches (which we didn't get around to until after swimming lessons, because I'd gotten a flat tire at the park, and my husband came home only in time to get us to swimming lessons and we had to stop after and put the spare tire on, and anyway...)

Yesterday, I ate two bananas. One for breakfast and one for a snack.

lovinAZ

« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »
yesterday we had lettuce wraps again, with green bean miso walnut filling, along with fried sweet potatoes and vegan cheesecake :)

tonight we're having black bean burgers

tomorrow night we're having twice baked potatoes.  not sure what with them.

thursday we're having stuffed cabbage.

hardia

« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2008, 04:23:15 PM »
Last night we had BBQed chicken breasts (we just got a BBQ! I forsee a lot of grilling in our future), rice, and my world famous lemon curry vegetable salad. 

Tonight I am making curried mango pork chops.  Not sure what I will make with it, probably potatoes in some form and I'll steam up whatever vegetables I find in the crisper.

Ontario, Canada

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »
Tonight we'll be trying a crockpot recipe I found for a "coke roast".  You mix a can of Coke, a package of onion soup mix, and chili sauce or BBQ sauce (I'm using BBQ) in the crockpot, drop the roast in and let it cook.  We'll see how it tastes (smelled yummy this morning when I turned it on though!).  I'm going to serve canned corn and mashed potatoes along with it...our last "cold day" meal before I start making all lighter foods for the summer!  Never mind the fact that it's 80 today...

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2008, 05:16:11 PM »
Tonight we are having oven baked crab cakes with a tomato lime sauce (one of the entrees that I had made at Dinner Done - http://dinnerdone.com and kept frozen in the freezer) and a fresh garden salad with parmesan and roasted garlic dressing.

Buffy2424

« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »
Yesterday was takeout -- sweet sausage sandwiches.  I have become addicted to these particular sandwiches; think I will start replicating them at home. 

Tonight I am making a mushroom & cauliflower cheese bake, whenever DH is done with something he's working on. 

ch1pch0p

« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2008, 07:17:14 PM »
I do not know what to make. I haven't been feeling hungry. Yesterday I fed everyone else sandwiches (which we didn't get around to until after swimming lessons, because I'd gotten a flat tire at the park, and my husband came home only in time to get us to swimming lessons and we had to stop after and put the spare tire on, and anyway...)

Yesterday, I ate two bananas. One for breakfast and one for a snack.

You're just posting these things to try to prove to me that you eat sandwiches, aren't you?  >:D

We had homemade macaroni and cheese and oven-baked lemon-pepper chicken. It was pretty good, but my cheese sauce was not very smooth for some reason, and it really bothered me. BF didn't seem to mind, though. Oh, and I had salad, but BF seemed to have overlooked that part....

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
Neither of us were very hungry last night (He took both our lunches to work and ate them and I had a late lunch meeting where I stuffed myself on Panera sandwhich mmmm) so we had.....shrimp cocktail...yup thats it. I just steamed the jumbo shrimp I got at the grocery on the weekend (in the hopes of making something more adventerous with it lol), chilled it on ice in the fridge, made some cocktail sauce and we sat on the couch watching wife swap and eating it :)

Tonight we're having one of his friends and his girlfriend over (who I haven't yet met so I am pretty excited) and I am going to make brie and fresh herb mix (mixed here with herbs from the garden) on baquet slices for munchies while we have a drink and do introductions. Then I'll have a cold soup (a version of gazepacho) with warm bread out of the oven for dipping, steaks with herb roasted mini fingerling potatoes and grilled squash/zuchini mix. Dessert is going to be rasberries/blackberries/strawberries with whipped cream on top.

Hope that makes up for the laziness from last night :)

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »
I don't know what to cook for dinner tonight. We have beef mince, so I'm considering making spaghetti bolognese. Don't know if I can muster the energy, though. If it's left to DH we'll end up having chilli and baked potatoes, which I don't really feel like. Hmm, we'll see.

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »
Grilled tuna, baked potatoes and salad tonight.

I think I can handle this weight loss thing, if I can eat like this :-D

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »
I watched Bobby Flay's "Throwdown" last night - for Meatballs and had a craving for pasta, so tonight will be whole wheat pasta, regular old red sauce and a salad.

alecmari

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »
Split pea soup for dinner tonight with salad and rolls.  I decided to use some of the ham I've had in the freezer for a while!

Last night we had steaks sauted in olive oil and grated garlic, rice, salad, and a chocolate cake.  We also picked up some crab cake appetizers to have with the salad.  It was DF's Father's Day celebration that DD1 and I planned as a surprise for him - we were rushing around Sunday and Monday and couldn't do it either day.