Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 575574 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6450 on: October 14, 2013, 05:49:38 PM »
Smoked roast beef sandwiches with provolone and chips.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6451 on: October 14, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
We got a great coupon, so pizza delivery and red wine it is.

LB

« Reply #6452 on: October 15, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
Broccoli cheese soup. Making a BIG batch. Enough for dinner for us and dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow for a friend. She just had surgery today and this is her comfort food.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6453 on: October 15, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
Roasted chicken thighs, spinach and mushrooms over rice.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6454 on: October 15, 2013, 09:10:20 PM »
Broccoli cheese soup. Making a BIG batch. Enough for dinner for us and dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow for a friend. She just had surgery today and this is her comfort food.

There's nothing like a big bowl of your favorite comfort soup when you're healing. I hope she heals quickly!

I had boiled potatoes, sauteed cabbage and pears (I had pears in my kitchen) and tofu in a honey mustard sauce. My vegetarian ode to German food.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #6455 on: October 15, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »

Hey, that's what we had for dinner, too!  :D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Sebastienne

« Reply #6456 on: October 16, 2013, 02:15:34 AM »
I forgot Meatless Monday yesterday, so tonight we had tandoori sweet potato salad (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/03/kumara-sweet-potato-tandoori-salad.html) and bread. This is pretty much the best dinner: super filling, flavorful, insanely healthy, and cheap to make. We have it probably once a week.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:49:49 PM by Sebastienne »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6457 on: October 16, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
Shredded beef enchiladas with red sauce. Salad, beans and rice to accompany. Yum.

workerbee

« Reply #6458 on: October 16, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »
I forgot Meatless Monday yesterday, so tonight we had tandoori sweet potato salad (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/03/kumara-sweet-potato-tandoori-salad.html) and bread. This is pretty much the best dinner: super filling, flavorful, insanely healthy, and cheap to make. We have it probably once a week/

Oh yum!! Thanks for the idea....and we usually have all ingredients on hand! Yay  ;D

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #6459 on: October 16, 2013, 10:44:30 AM »
Last night was chili con carne. Unfortunately, it meant using my last jar of Santa Cruz red chili paste. My next trip to Arizona is a long way off. For those if you in southern Arizona:

1 jar of Santa Cruz Red Chili paste
2 lbs stew beef or pork, fat trimmed
3 cups beef stock
1 clove of garlic minced
3 tbls flour
1 tbls oil
2 tbls small pearl tapioca

Dredge beef in flour.  Heat a large pan over med- high heat. Brown the meat and transfer to crock pot. Take the beef stock and deglaze the pan. Transfer liquid to crock pot. Add the chili paste, garlic and tapioca. Stir contents then cover. Cook on high heat for 3.5-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with warm flour tortillas.

greencat

« Reply #6460 on: October 16, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »
Last night was chili con carne. Unfortunately, it meant using my last jar of Santa Cruz red chili paste. My next trip to Arizona is a long way off. For those if you in southern Arizona:

1 jar of Santa Cruz Red Chili paste
2 lbs stew beef or pork, fat trimmed
3 cups beef stock
1 clove of garlic minced
3 tbls flour
1 tbls oil
2 tbls small pearl tapioca

Dredge beef in flour.  Heat a large pan over med- high heat. Brown the meat and transfer to crock pot. Take the beef stock and deglaze the pan. Transfer liquid to crock pot. Add the chili paste, garlic and tapioca. Stir contents then cover. Cook on high heat for 3.5-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with warm flour tortillas.

http://www.santacruzchili.com/products.htm Summon yourself some Chili Paste!

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #6461 on: October 16, 2013, 12:21:30 PM »
Yeah!

LB

« Reply #6462 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:13 PM »

How was yours? Mine was so-so. I'd love to try a different recipe sometime. It wasn't bad it just wasn't great. I felt like there was some flavor missing.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #6463 on: October 16, 2013, 04:05:40 PM »

How was yours? Mine was so-so. I'd love to try a different recipe sometime. It wasn't bad it just wasn't great. I felt like there was some flavor missing.

Pretty good--ours is actually a broccoli, cheese, and chicken soup.  We used 2-year aged sharp cheddar for the cheese, which gave it a fairly strong flavor.  DH also experimented a bit by using corn starch this time instead of flour to thicken it and had to play around with how much liquid he used in order to compensate for the difference, but it turned out pretty tasty.  DD (14 months) wasn't as much of a fan, though.  :P
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6464 on: October 16, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
Soup with sweet corn, tofu, peas and carrots.