Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 550209 times)

jmarvellous

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6720 on: January 01, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »
Eggplant stacks with homemade roasted vegetable salsa and crumbled goat cheese, plus whole wheat pasta.

kckgirl

« Reply #6721 on: January 01, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »
Waffles and coffee.
Maryland

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6722 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
Today I had a New Year's Day party. We had vegetable soup, winter greens salad (which I made up and was amazing!), black eyed pea salad, veggies, fruit, nuts, chips, and 5 kinds of chocolatey dessert (my friends know me so well). So some healthy, some not so healthy.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #6723 on: January 01, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »
Rack of lamb, oven roasted broccoli, coarse grain mustard mashed potatoes, and Mexican chocolate mousse for dessert.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #6724 on: January 01, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »
home made chicken noodle soup. After all, DH is dying  ::) his temp is up a whole degree, and he has a sore throat. Poor baby. Though I would probably have more sympathy for him if I hadn't been sick since Thanksgiving. Flu, then strep, then bronchitis.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

greencat

« Reply #6725 on: January 01, 2014, 11:55:52 PM »
I might have eaten the quarter of Mom's homemade pumpkin pie that I had left from Christmas for dinner - what?  It was going to go bad if I didn't eat it!  Stop looking at me like that!  >:D

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6726 on: January 02, 2014, 12:06:14 AM »
home made chicken noodle soup. After all, DH is dying  ::) his temp is up a whole degree, and he has a sore throat. Poor baby. Though I would probably have more sympathy for him if I hadn't been sick since Thanksgiving. Flu, then strep, then bronchitis.

did you add a can of diced tomatoes to it? wait.... that's just my family? whoops.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #6727 on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:56 AM »

did you add a can of diced tomatoes to it? wait.... that's just my family? whoops.

that actually sounds really good. I think I'll add a jar of tomatoes I canned this summer to make it just a little different for when we eat it again tomorrow :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6728 on: January 02, 2014, 08:53:16 AM »
I make a chicken tortilla soup, which is basic chicken soup with a little seasoning added, and instead of noodles you add tortilla strips when it is served.

Shrimp and grits for dinner tonight.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6729 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:22 PM »
Winter greens salad, black eyed peas, a little sharp cheddar and a mug of hot cider.

POF

« Reply #6730 on: January 03, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
Snowed in today - so I am baking a ham, potatoes au gratin, green beans and brussels.  I might get fancy with the brussels.....

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6731 on: January 03, 2014, 08:54:57 AM »
Tonight is the leftover buffet!

jmarvellous

« Reply #6732 on: January 03, 2014, 10:34:55 AM »
Baked sweet potatoes with kidney beans,  salsa, and goat cheese. Grenache and blondies with a chocolate swirl for dessert.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6733 on: January 03, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »
Snowed in today - so I am baking a ham, potatoes au gratin, green beans and brussels.  I might get fancy with the brussels.....

I've got a few ways I've become obsessed with cooking brussel sprouts. I like to slice them in half and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and cornmeal then roast them. Also, I like to shave them thin and toss with Caesar salad dressing, croutons and parmesan. Anyways, I'd love to hear how you make them.

My dinner is leftover Chinese food from New Year's Eve: steamed broccoli and tofu over vegetable fried rice.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6734 on: January 03, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »
Trader Joe's low sodium butternut squash soup was far too sweet for my taste,  so this time I doctored it with some chunks of butternut, raw minced garlic, sage, and paprika. Plus a bit of leftover black bean empanada filling thinned out with salsa, served with tortilla chips.