Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 552707 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6735 on: January 03, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »
bacon wrapped water chestnuts and some of the cheeseball that was leftover.

POF

« Reply #6736 on: January 03, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
Snowed in today - so I am baking a ham, potatoes au gratin, green beans and brussels.  I might get fancy with the brussels.....

I've got a few ways I've become obsessed with cooking brussel sprouts. I like to slice them in half and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and cornmeal then roast them. Also, I like to shave them thin and toss with Caesar salad dressing, croutons and parmesan. Anyways, I'd love to hear how you make them.

My dinner is leftover Chinese food from New Year's Eve: steamed broccoli and tofu over vegetable fried rice.

I Like to roast them and top with some maple syrup, toasted pecans and hot sauce.  I will fry a slice or 2 of bacon, slice them and sautee in the drippings ( lightly just to get a bit of char - top with the crumbled bacon and a bit of brown sugar..  I also slice into salads.  The cornmeal sounds really good with them roasted.  I usually either roast / quick sautee and then top with whatever strikes my fancy.  Really one of my fav veggies.

kckgirl

« Reply #6737 on: January 04, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
Stuffed peppers, baked potatoes, and green beans.
Maryland

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6738 on: January 04, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »
Snowed in today - so I am baking a ham, potatoes au gratin, green beans and brussels.  I might get fancy with the brussels.....

I've got a few ways I've become obsessed with cooking brussel sprouts. I like to slice them in half and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and cornmeal then roast them. Also, I like to shave them thin and toss with Caesar salad dressing, croutons and parmesan. Anyways, I'd love to hear how you make them.

My dinner is leftover Chinese food from New Year's Eve: steamed broccoli and tofu over vegetable fried rice.

I Like to roast them and top with some maple syrup, toasted pecans and hot sauce.  I will fry a slice or 2 of bacon, slice them and sautee in the drippings ( lightly just to get a bit of char - top with the crumbled bacon and a bit of brown sugar..  I also slice into salads.  The cornmeal sounds really good with them roasted.  I usually either roast / quick sautee and then top with whatever strikes my fancy.  Really one of my fav veggies.

Ooh, I love the idea of maple syrup and toasted pecans: I'll have to try that soon. The cornmeal adds a nice crunch to the outside, which contrasts nicely when the inside gets all tender.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6739 on: January 04, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
Cereal. I have been having issues with heartburn.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6740 on: January 04, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »
bacon wrapped water chestnuts and leftover cheeseball... again. I forgot the lettuce for the wrap i was going to make for dinner  ::) ::)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #6741 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:16 PM »
Thai lemongrass chicken and rice with candy cane cookies.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6742 on: January 04, 2014, 10:42:22 PM »
Just leftovers, but lunch was homemade vegetable soup with grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread at the home of some friends. I'm so spoiled!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6743 on: January 05, 2014, 09:57:12 PM »
Beer-braised whole chicken with onions, white rice and biscuits. It was delicious.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6744 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:58 AM »
Falafel chili.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #6745 on: January 06, 2014, 01:16:22 PM »
Homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Made the meatballs last night and I'm cooking the sauce today. It's in our slow cooker and it smells amazing. And I get to smell it...all day.

kckgirl

« Reply #6746 on: January 06, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »
Tacos! Can't wait!
Maryland

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #6747 on: January 06, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »
Pork chops brined in apple-juice brine. Oh my Spaghetti Monster, they were tasty!  And the leftovers, after a spell in the fridge, were still moist as could be!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #6748 on: January 06, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
Pork chops brined in apple-juice brine. Oh my Spaghetti Monster, they were tasty!  And the leftovers, after a spell in the fridge, were still moist as could be!

pigs and apples should get married and have babies.  They are so yummy together

POF

« Reply #6749 on: January 06, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
Baked potato with leftover ham and a fried egg on top. Pure comfort food.