Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 592827 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6750 on: January 06, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
Turkey, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, vegetables and cornbread. Boston Market takeout.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #6751 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
Cheddar chowder, peanut butter sandwich, and Diet Coke. So good on a cold night!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6752 on: January 06, 2014, 11:47:33 PM »
Falafel chili.

That sounds delicious. Care to share the recipe?

I had leftovers from yesterday's brunch: potatoes topped with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese and an egg over easy, and a big green salad with just a little lemon juice to balance the heavier main dish.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6753 on: January 07, 2014, 12:21:48 AM »
Cheddar chowder, peanut butter sandwich, and Diet Coke. So good on a cold night!

Recipe for the cheddar chowder?

lorelai

« Reply #6754 on: January 07, 2014, 12:32:17 AM »
First unhealthy pregnancy craving! I went to the store, couldn't find the bacon and panicked.

Jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6755 on: January 07, 2014, 12:44:32 AM »
First unhealthy pregnancy craving! I went to the store, couldn't find the bacon and panicked.

Jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.

sounds delish.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6756 on: January 07, 2014, 09:53:23 AM »
Falafel chili.

That sounds delicious. Care to share the recipe?

I had leftovers from yesterday's brunch: potatoes topped with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese and an egg over easy, and a big green salad with just a little lemon juice to balance the heavier main dish.

It is really good. I buy falafel mix (basically dried chickpeas and herbs), but if you make your own,  you could use that, too. I add a little less water to the mix than I would to regular falafel,  then cook smaller than normal pieces (about 1/2-1/4 the size of typical falafel balls) until somewhat crispy,  then add them to my beany chili. They will get a little mushy and will thicken the liquid,  so make sure you have enough. My chili is always the "toss stuff in a pot till it tastes great" variety.

Marga

« Reply #6757 on: January 08, 2014, 05:29:05 AM »
Shepherd's pie. Alas, no tomato purée in the house, but the sun dried tomatoes worked well. Everybody enjoyed it, my baby grandson ate as if it was going out of fashion! ;)

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #6758 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
What I want for dinner, is shrimp wrapped in bacon and covered in cheese from this local Mexican restaurant.

What I'm having, is french toast, hash browns, bacon and eggs. Breakfast for dinner night!

jmarvellous

« Reply #6759 on: January 08, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
Baked sweet potato with a touch of peanut sauce and Trader Joe's Mandarin orange faux chicken. 

I had a fancy meal planned, then spent half the afternoon recovering from/coping with a kitchen flood. All my bowls were full of dirty ceiling water and my towels soaked,  thanks to dopey neighbors who left the tap on when they went to work.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6760 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »
Tonight is my DD's last home cooked meal before she heads bad to college, so her choice.

Salt Cod in a Tomato Garlic Confit
Herbed Pommes Anna
Steamed Green Beans
Crepes stuffed with marscapone/ricotta/brown sugar filling topped with caramelize pears.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6761 on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
Homemade pepper steak.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6762 on: January 10, 2014, 02:51:10 AM »
A series of failed experiments today kept me at work way late, so I took 30 minutes to dash to our local burger dive to grab a black bean burger topped with roasted chiles, pepper jack cheese and garlic mayo on a homemade bun.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6763 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »
A salad with spinach, tomato, mandarin oranges, honey-glazed chili carrots, pinto beans cooked with onions and taco seasoning, salsa and plain yogurt, served with tortilla chips.

123sandy

« Reply #6764 on: January 10, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
I made chili. It would seem that my mind wandered when it was time to add the chili powder. I think there will be a few trips to the tap tonight  :o