Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 552899 times)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #7050 on: April 03, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »
Homemade pizza with ground beef, mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese, and, of course tomato sauce. That, and a salad! And it's all diabetic and heart - friendly!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #7051 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:01 AM »
DH has started a love affair with these PF Changes frozen dinners   BKAAGGHHHHHH ! Too salty, too sugary over processed mess.  The broccoli was MUUSSH, the chicken was weirdly textured.  After a 12 hour day, I was starving and this is what he made.  I told him no thanks and made myself a scrambled egg on a Portuguese roll.  Ohhh I also told him that this mess that he know I don't eat - does not count toward his nights to make dinner.

This seems perfectly fair to me.

Tonight I got home, realized my house was a disaster and I really didn't want to cook, so I texted a friend whose husband just left town. We decided to try a different Mexican place, which was amazing, and then got fro-yo.

allthelittledaisies

« Reply #7052 on: April 04, 2014, 01:57:46 AM »
I made blueberry-banana pancakes tonight because I'm lazy. Tomorrow night we're gonna have spicy potato pancakes. Which is...less lazy...somehow. Hi, I love pancakes of all varieties and am compelled to mention that I registered for the forum based on my desire to share that with strangers!  ;D

I love cottage cheese pancakes, myself.

And welcome!

Dinner tonight will probably be something eggy since I work out after I get home and eggs are fast.

Thank you! I lovelovelove this website. How does one go about making a cottage cheese pancake, please?

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #7053 on: April 04, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »
The pancake posts inspired me... As did a paper bag deal at the grocery store. I made steak and eggs for DH. I topped a bed of spinach with my portion of the steak. We also had sautéed mushrooms and croissants topped with Nutella.

123sandy

« Reply #7054 on: April 04, 2014, 09:33:12 AM »
Chicken cacciatore and pasta.

Amara

« Reply #7055 on: April 04, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Veal loin chops. I have this recipe for Sage and Parmesan Veal Chops that I have been wanting to try for a long time. (The recipe comes from a gorgeous cookbook called Zest, and the image of the chops is beyond stunning.)

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #7056 on: April 04, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »
Porcupine Meatballs.

I haven't had it in YEARS - husband is really looking forward to it! :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #7057 on: April 04, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Solo dinner, three days until I go processed grain and sugar free. I will have soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

allthelittledaisies

« Reply #7058 on: April 05, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »
Boyfriend requested burritos. He's adorable and I love burritos! So we're having 'em made with ground beef, burrito seasoning packet, onion, red pepper, mushrooms and avocados. My stomach is growling now... :D

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #7059 on: April 05, 2014, 01:46:35 AM »
I stopped by a departmental happy hour and had a few bites of nachos and half a margarita. Later I was still a bit hungry and wanting something green, so I fixed a big bowl of steamed broccoli with garlic.

POF

« Reply #7060 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:09 AM »
DH ( apparently making up for the frozen dinner mess ) - made homemade chicken enchiladas, salad and mexican rice.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #7061 on: April 05, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
Red beans and rice with steak.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7062 on: April 05, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
I made blueberry-banana pancakes tonight because I'm lazy. Tomorrow night we're gonna have spicy potato pancakes. Which is...less lazy...somehow. Hi, I love pancakes of all varieties and am compelled to mention that I registered for the forum based on my desire to share that with strangers!  ;D

I love cottage cheese pancakes, myself.

And welcome!

Dinner tonight will probably be something eggy since I work out after I get home and eggs are fast.

Thank you! I lovelovelove this website. How does one go about making a cottage cheese pancake, please?

I use the recipe from the What to Eat While You're Expecting cookbook- I'll dig it out tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was a steak and mushroom pie and chocolate- lots of chocolate. I'm embarrassed to think how much chocolate!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

allthelittledaisies

« Reply #7063 on: April 06, 2014, 06:17:13 AM »
I was too lazy to cook, I'll admit it. We ordered in pizza, and it was delicious!

jmarvellous

« Reply #7064 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »
Tofu and okra stir-fried with cumin and cayenne and a dash of sesame oil.
Potatoes sliced thin and spritzed with oil, tossed with spices and baked.