Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 524778 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #5550 on: February 06, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
We had a lovely dinner of chicken breasts stuffed with ham, Swiss cheese and spinach.  It was served up with a lovely mustard sauce and rice pilaf. 

I have to hand it to Mr. Thipu.  He can be very good at using up left over cold cuts.

Sahaira

• Angry Citizen
  • Keep On Rollin'
    • Sahaira's Myspace
« Reply #5551 on: February 07, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
A Kielbasa recipe I saw on the board years ago.

One kielbasa, sliced on the bias
One can cheese soup
One pint sour cream

Place ingredients in crockpot and cook all day on low.

I added half a bottle of beer, salt and pepper. I also used lite kielbasa. It shall be served over rice. Not healthy, but it's cold and rainy here and it will be very enjoyable. :)
Don't fear god;
Don't worry about death;
What is good is easy to get;
What is difficult is easy to endure.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #5552 on: February 07, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
a recipe I found on Pintrest; Garlic Chicken with Sweet Potatoes. It is so very yummy, but I have to make a second pan of regular potatoes because DH despises sweet potatoes. And I'll throw together a salad, and maybe green beans.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

LB

« Reply #5553 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
Chicken and wild rice soup. I can't wait.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #5554 on: February 07, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
nevermind....chicken is going to have to be tomorrow. I forgot to pick up rosemary :(

So now it looks like pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

jmarvellous

« Reply #5555 on: February 07, 2013, 04:41:24 PM »
Waffles with strawberry sauce and cinnamon-clove almond milk to drink.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5556 on: February 07, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »
Lentil & wheatberry soup.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5557 on: February 07, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »

Ugh. Note to self: next time check how long a new ingredient takes to cook before starting a pot of it on a week night. I'm having frozen broccoli & a veggie burger while my soup continues to cook.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5558 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »
A Kielbasa recipe I saw on the board years ago.

One kielbasa, sliced on the bias
One can cheese soup
One pint sour cream

Place ingredients in crockpot and cook all day on low.

I added half a bottle of beer, salt and pepper. I also used lite kielbasa. It shall be served over rice. Not healthy, but it's cold and rainy here and it will be very enjoyable. :)

I wanna make this now.....

jmarvellous

« Reply #5559 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39:59 PM »

Ugh. Note to self: next time check how long a new ingredient takes to cook before starting a pot of it on a week night. I'm having frozen broccoli & a veggie burger while my soup continues to cook.

Ah, wheatberries. I always want them NOW and they always want to take their sweet time. (I never remember to soak overnight, either.)

We had pasta salad with a soy-saucy dressing, then refried beans with salsa and chips because we didn't have much salad.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5560 on: February 08, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »

Ah, wheatberries. I always want them NOW and they always want to take their sweet time. (I never remember to soak overnight, either.)

We had pasta salad with a soy-saucy dressing, then refried beans with salsa and chips because we didn't have much salad.

At least I have an awesome lunch for tomorrow. I added slowly caramelized onions and a bunch of mushrooms.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5561 on: February 08, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
Not tonight, but last night I made apple-cinnamon glazed pork chops.  We're having them again Saturday, at M's request, and M *hates* leftovers.   ;D

norrina

« Reply #5562 on: February 08, 2013, 03:11:42 PM »
Hopefully Peruvian chicken, yucca fries, grilled plantains, Cuban black beans, and rice. I still need to get to the store to buy the chicken though, and then spice it and cook it, so it remains to be seen if this plan comes to fruition. (But at least the beans are in the crock pot, the rice is fast and easy, and I'm cheating with the yucca and plantains and buying frozen.)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5563 on: February 08, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
Knowing that the Nemo is coming in, we planned for tonight's dinner.  We'll be having sugar salmon, sesame noodles and string beans sautéed with ginger and garlic.  Tonight also sounds like a good time to crank up the Blues Brothers.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5564 on: February 08, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
I decided to pick up a burrito from a different taqueria and holy cow y'all, this thing is about 50% guacamole. I'm in heaven.