Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 552070 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #5655 on: February 28, 2013, 08:59:15 PM »
Roasted Salmon, sautéed spinach, and wild rice

jmarvellous

« Reply #5656 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »
Last night I made super potato salad with hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, peas, raw onion, garlic, and a horseradish mustard vinaigrette.

Tonight, fiance heated up some carrot-ginger-cashew soup and sliced and baked a potato.

... Yeah, we didn't finish off the latest bag of potatoes fast enough, so it's "get rid of the old potatoes" week around here.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #5657 on: March 01, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »
Last night I made super potato salad with hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, peas, raw onion, garlic, and a horseradish mustard vinaigrette.

Tonight, fiance heated up some carrot-ginger-cashew soup and sliced and baked a potato.

... Yeah, we didn't finish off the latest bag of potatoes fast enough, so it's "get rid of the old potatoes" week around here.

Carrot-ginger-cashew soup sound delectable!  Did you make it?  Do you share recipes?   :)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5658 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »
We have left-over rice so I'll be stuffing an acorn squash. 

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5659 on: March 01, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »
Tonight I'm going to a baby shower which turned out to be a bait-and-switch potluck (grr). However, I really like the couple having the baby so I'm taking a hunk of fancy cheese from the refrigerator and a baguette from my freezer.

And can I take a moment to say it's unbelievably tacky for a couple who makes 6 figures to throw a potluck baby shower for their own child and his wife? Because it is.

jmarvellous

« Reply #5660 on: March 01, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »

Carrot-ginger-cashew soup sound delectable!  Did you make it?  Do you share recipes?   :)

I have made something similar before, but this was from a Pacific Foods (I think) box. I don't really write recipes down anymore since I stopped keeping a blog, but I know the key is fresh ginger and very well soaked and pureed cashews -- you don't want gritty soup!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #5661 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:21 PM »
pork chops stuffed with spinach, mashed potatoes, fruit salad. and brownies with peanut butter frosting.

So yummy  :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

PastryGoddess

« Reply #5662 on: March 01, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »
Wild rice with Chicken, Red Pepper and Portobello Sausage

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #5663 on: March 01, 2013, 11:53:30 PM »
Tonight I'm going to a baby shower which turned out to be a bait-and-switch potluck (grr). However, I really like the couple having the baby so I'm taking a hunk of fancy cheese from the refrigerator and a baguette from my freezer.

And can I take a moment to say it's unbelievably tacky for a couple who makes 6 figures to throw a potluck baby shower for their own child and his wife? Because it is.

In soooo many ways.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5664 on: March 02, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »

In soooo many ways.

For the record, the hosts, aka the father-to-be's parents, provided a plate of deviled eggs and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. For a shower with 20 guests. For their own child. In their lovely and newly renovated loft in a nearby city's center.

dawnfire

« Reply #5665 on: March 02, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
tonight: chicken wings
tomorrow: roast chicken
Tuesday: take away (choice of fish and chips, pizza, hot chicken rolls or noodles)
Wednesday: fried rice (probably using any leftover roast chicken)

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #5666 on: March 02, 2013, 07:15:01 PM »
Chicken casserole in mushroom sauce. Found recipe.

http://www.theawl.com/2012/02/chicken-mushroom-casserole-for-the-lazy-snob

PastryGoddess

« Reply #5667 on: March 02, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
Bratwurst and wine

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5668 on: March 02, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
I have leftover spaghetti squash gratin, but I have no idea as to what would go with it.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5669 on: March 03, 2013, 12:10:22 AM »
I have leftover spaghetti squash gratin, but I have no idea as to what would go with it.

I was entering recipes for a cookbook project and remembered my warm kale and sunchoke salad, which I topped tonight with smoked salmon and lemon dressing.