Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 575554 times)

jmarvellous

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #5700 on: March 09, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »
Potato, bean and spinach tacos.

We walked to the McDonald's we've lived by for years and never visited, because they got a Redbox, and we decided to get pop -- and the clerk gave us two GIANT cups instead of one. That much Diet Coke at 8 p.m. kept me up really darned late!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5701 on: March 09, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
Russian yogurt with a dab of mayo, pickled mushrooms and black olives.  Yum! 

I'm having blueberries mixed with sugar free black cherry gelatin and some fake frozen whipped cream..maybe half a banana.  Double yum!
(can you believe I am wasting organic blueberries and banana on this dessert?) 

Have you tried frozen yogurt instead of whipped cream?
I haven't and would love to, but since I have watch my sugar carefully I find that the kind of frozen whipped topping  works for me.  I actually would prefer half and half but if I have it in the house I use it...on everything, it seems. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Pen^2

« Reply #5702 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »
I'm not sure if this dish has a name. We call it our 'traditional American dinner', traditional meaning Aztecs and Mayans, not United States. But it's cheap and easy and yummy, so there you go.

A whole bunch of plain corn chips, salsa sauce, avocado, a can of beans, and a few button mushrooms all go in a square cake pan and then baked in the oven until I feel like it. Sometimes we put cheese on top, but that's technically cheating because it wasn't originally American.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5703 on: March 09, 2013, 11:50:19 PM »
I went to a baby shower where the expectant parents are both from Trinidad so the food was traditional island cuisine. I ate way too much, but it was totally worth it.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5704 on: March 10, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »
Yesterday was breakfast for dinner- french toast, turkey sausage and a side of strawberries and mango.

Tonight is either hot dogs or cottage cheese with mushrooms, broccoli and pasta.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #5705 on: March 10, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
I'm not sure if this dish has a name. We call it our 'traditional American dinner', traditional meaning Aztecs and Mayans, not United States. But it's cheap and easy and yummy, so there you go.

A whole bunch of plain corn chips, salsa sauce, avocado, a can of beans, and a few button mushrooms all go in a square cake pan and then baked in the oven until I feel like it. Sometimes we put cheese on top, but that's technically cheating because it wasn't originally American.

That sounds interesting!

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5706 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »
I'm going to a concert this afternoon with friends, then we're all headed out to try a new local brew pub.

Waterlight

« Reply #5707 on: March 10, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »
Yesterday was a grilled cheese sandwich with sliced vegetarian apple-sage sausage in it--I needed something hearty after an exhausting six-hour hike!  And a green smoothie with spinach, half an avocado, a banana, and half a lime.

Today was some leftover Ethiopian takeout--bean stew with injera.

Tomorrow will most likely be a pasta salad with garbanzo beans, chopped vegetables, Kalamata olives, and Annie's Goddess dressing.  I'll make enough to take some to work for lunch later this week.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:29:38 PM by Waterlight »
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Library Dragon

« Reply #5708 on: March 10, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
I am cooking lentils, potatoes, and Italian sausage.  Comfort food.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

snowfire

« Reply #5709 on: March 10, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »
Probably some takeout Chinese.  And birthday cake!  (A friend's birthday.)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5710 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
I'm going to a concert this afternoon with friends, then we're all headed out to try a new local brew pub.

My friend and I decided to go for variety and split a Caeser salad, fish tacos and fettuccini alfredo with primavera veggies and garlic bread. Everything was good except for the salsa that came with the tacos which apparently came out of a jar of Pace: definitely not what I would expect from an upscale brew pub in California. We also ordered a couple of pomegranate hard ciders which were delicious. Their dessert menu was lacking so we walked down the street to the dessert diner where we forced ourselves to sample 4 kinds of cake.

jmarvellous

« Reply #5711 on: March 11, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »
We went for Thai for lunch -- "noodle lord" and pad se ew with tofu spring rolls -- and fiance was too tired to stay up past 8 (I wasn't, but I also wasn't up for cooking), so we didn't really have dinner, just pita chips and a grapefruit.

Daylight savings stinks!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5712 on: March 12, 2013, 03:20:22 AM »
Tonight was country fried steak. Mmm! :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5713 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
We have a banquet to attend tonight, but I planned our menu for St. Patrick's Day. Bridies, Colcannon, whole wheat soda bread, and Guinness chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's Irish cream frosting.

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #5714 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »
Pork chops cooked in the crock pot in root beer, creamed spinach, and some other side that I haven't decided on yet. Something kid-friendly since I'm sure they won't eat either of those things.