Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 548818 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #5805 on: April 16, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
The rest of my ancient grain mix with chicken and mushroom sausage and sautéed spinach

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5806 on: April 16, 2013, 04:40:03 AM »
black bean and chicken enchiladas (i used up some chicken we had in the freezer). They. Were. Awesome!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5807 on: April 16, 2013, 10:42:10 AM »
Love enchiladas!

Tonight is pizza, since we have a free one and I am wrapping up the semester's class work.

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #5808 on: April 16, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
I'm getting basil in my veggie delivery today. I'm looking forward to making some pasta and pesto trapanese.
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5809 on: April 16, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »
The roasted broccoli and baked tofu I was too impatient to wait for last night.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5810 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »
oh wow what a great dinner (lupper, actually). it's our independence day so we had:
salads/mezze - hummus, roasted eggplant and tomato with tahini sauce, spicy tomato salad, chopped tomato and cucumber salad, different cole slaw (cabbage mix, toasted almonds, cranberries), served with whole wheat pita (which stayed untouched) and GF crackers for nephew.

meats: chicken dogs, chicken breast with greek marinade, chicken burgers asian style, meat burgers.

Sides: rice (which nobody touched lol) and roast vegetables.

sorbet for dessert.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

turtleIScream

« Reply #5811 on: April 17, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »
Was going to be pomegranate steak with mashed potatoes and a spinach salad. But, thunderstorms have knocked out our power (electric stove, no grill), so we'll try to have the good dinner tomorrow. Tonight will instead be takeout from our favorite Mexican place. I won't complain too much ;)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5812 on: April 17, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
Homemade nachos to clean out the fridge.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #5813 on: April 17, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »
eggs, ham and blueberry pancakes. DH is in charge of dinner tonight :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

snowfire

« Reply #5814 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:15 PM »
Grilled chicken breast and a cheese fondue with bread & veggies.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5815 on: April 18, 2013, 12:24:14 AM »
oh wow what a great dinner (lupper, actually). it's our independence day so we had:
salads/mezze - hummus, roasted eggplant and tomato with tahini sauce, spicy tomato salad, chopped tomato and cucumber salad, different cole slaw (cabbage mix, toasted almonds, cranberries), served with whole wheat pita (which stayed untouched) and GF crackers for nephew.

meats: chicken dogs, chicken breast with greek marinade, chicken burgers asian style, meat burgers.

Sides: rice (which nobody touched lol) and roast vegetables.

sorbet for dessert.

Sounds delicious! And happy Independence Day!

I had a couple of friends over tonight and I whipped up what I thought of as a fairly impressive weeknight dinner. The appetizers were endive topped with blue cheese and homemade almond and olive tapenade on homemade baguette (made this weekend, frozen, then pulled back out this morning.) The main course was baked rockfish smothered in mushrooms and roasted fennel. We ended up with vanilla ice cream topped with homemade magic shell. I had bought a bottle of wine to go with dinner, but one friend brought the ingredients for mojitos, which are a weakness of mine.

areya

• Online Shopping India
« Reply #5816 on: April 18, 2013, 02:40:51 AM »
today i will have cheese mushroom for dinner

Waterlight

« Reply #5817 on: April 18, 2013, 04:17:13 AM »
Homemade pasta salad with chopped tomato and broccoli florets.  I adapted the recipe from Jeanne Lemlin's Quick Vegetarian Pleasures and used Brianna's Asiago Caesar dressing (anchovy-free Caesar!  yay!) instead of the made-from-scratch dressing in the recipe.

*wishes there was a "YUM!" smiley*
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5818 on: April 18, 2013, 04:33:08 AM »
I steamed some broccollini flowerettes and little mini carrots  then sauteed them  in grape seed oil, garlic, hot pepper flakes, ginger and sesame oil.  I added some Bragg's liquid amino and some raw cashews at the end.  I had it with steamed quinoa.  It was good!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5819 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:27 AM »
Mongolian Hot Pot with lamb, chicken, vegetables, a soup with cellophane noodles at the end and Tahitian Vanilla gelato for dessert. 

Gotta get us some berries to go with it.