Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 552088 times)

cattlekid

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #5970 on: June 04, 2013, 06:49:09 PM »
Oven fried chicken tenders with marinated cukes, onions and tomatoes.

CharlieBraun

« Reply #5971 on: June 04, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
The diner...where there will be doggy dancing for chopped chicken breast, broccoli,and steamed carrots.

Doggy parents will order the Tuesday special, fried chicken.
"We ate the pies."

norrina

« Reply #5972 on: June 04, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »
Garlic and Parmesan mashed potatoes, salad, grilled lamb with mint pesto sauce (made with fresh herbs from our little garden), and red wine. I'm at the halfway point of my fiancÚ being out of town for 5 weeks and this is the first real meal I've cooked since he's been gone, because most of the time it's just too much trouble to cook for one person. This was quick, easy, and delicious though.

jmarvellous

« Reply #5973 on: June 04, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Changed my plans because of the post above -- garlic-loaded smashed potatoes and spicy peanut baked tofu. Probably some sliced cucumbers for something light on the side.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #5974 on: June 04, 2013, 10:40:37 PM »
we're having stir fry....I'm trying to minimize the amount of meat we eat, and increase the amount of veggies we eat.

Also, DH and I are starting on Weight Watchers today! Yay, and boo. So I've got to find new, delicious, healthy recipes. Something tells me fried chicken, veggies with butter, and 3 layer brownies aren't in our future for a while.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5975 on: June 04, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
Salad with leftover beans, cotija cheese and a variety of random veggies on lettuce, all topped with salsa.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5976 on: June 04, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »
Leftover bacon wrapped hot dogs (they are called Whistlin' Pigs)

Amara

« Reply #5977 on: June 05, 2013, 12:00:48 AM »
twiggy, do you know about this food blog ( http://www.skinnytaste.com/ )? She makes WW-friendly recipes--and they are fabulous even for a non-WW person.

greencat

« Reply #5978 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
I usually bread chicken in panko crumbs - wet the chicken with water or milk, flour it, then dip it in milk and then coat with panko crumbs.  I usually toss in a lot of black pepper and garlic and a little bit of salt in with both the flour and the panko crumbs.  I usually oven bake it then - just make sure to lightly oil the pan with canola oil.  It takes the same amount of time to cook from fresh as it does to bake up frozen pre-breaded chicken.  Panko crumbs have half as many calories in the same volume as regular breadcrumbs so the recipe is healthier in that sense, and unless you over-salt your breading, it should have a lot less salt than the frozen stuff as well.  Not to mention, it tastes better*!

*According to all four of my most recent meat-eating boyfriends and one roommate.  And me.

I had an assortment of deli salads for dinner - I couldn't decide what I wanted exactly so I just nibbled.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5979 on: June 05, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
I had a big salad (surprise!) with green leaf lettuce, pickled radishes, green onions, "taco lentils," cotija, avocado and purslane salsa. It's a lot of things with big flavor and I'm loving it!

jmarvellous

« Reply #5980 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:53 PM »
Eggs scrambled with broccoli,  cauliflower and carrots; toast; and sliced tomatoes.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5981 on: June 06, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
Pulled pork wraps with oven fries and fresh squash.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5982 on: June 08, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
Yesterday it was over 100 in my town, so I went to a friend's house and we munched on cheese and crackers, salad, cut up veggies, tons of fruit and cold pie.

jmarvellous

« Reply #5983 on: June 08, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
We made the same thing for dinner last night and lunch today. Grilled "cheese" sandwiches with fake cheddar, fake (Tofurkey brand) "Italian style turkey," spinach and mustard (plus tomato last night, cucumber today) on great, fresh rosemary sourdough bread. I was craving this kind of thing, but a vegan husband makes it tough. These substitutes were a great choice.

We had mini pretzels and New Belgium Springboard beer with them today. Perfect!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5984 on: June 08, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
We'll be having fresh, grilled tuna marinated in ginger, garlic and soy.  It will be served with rice pilaf and a salad of spinach, beets, orange  and red onions. There will also be a glass or two of a nice white wine.   

It's a special day here.  We'll be having dinner during the running of the Belmont Stakes.  Later in the evening, we'll be attending  the Brooklyn Pride parade.  That's always fun.