Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 565911 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #5985 on: June 08, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »
We had German food for lunch in a quaint town near where I live. It was wonderful, so we will be having a very light supper of salad, cheese and crackers.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5986 on: June 08, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »
chili cheese dogs

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #5987 on: June 08, 2013, 10:01:57 PM »
I spent the day with a friend shopping and we ended with a dinner of green onion pancakes, spicy steamed tofu and bubble tea.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #5988 on: June 08, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
Hummus, wine and an omlette

POF

« Reply #5989 on: June 09, 2013, 07:36:58 AM »
Last night - I atethe last of the burritos from the freezer.  I make 48 at a time, freeze individually and we pull out when the day is frantic. I had some fresh green beans with my burrito.

Tonight is Roast Beef sandwiches au jus.  Up until this year we always always ate dinner together,  Then all at once - the boys activities , my job and other stuff hit like a ton of bricks and we are only eating together on weekends.

So roast beef, crusty rolls with homemade slaw and French potato salad.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5990 on: June 09, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
Other than Saturday nights for the summer, it is just DH and I, so we will be cooking things that we like and DS doesn't.

Lasagna, meatloaf, ravioli, and crab.

greencat

« Reply #5991 on: June 09, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
Yesterday I had, for both lunch and dinner, steak from the best Thai place in town.  For lunch it was with bell peppers and onions and mushrooms - when I reheated it for dinner, I sauteed some fresh baby bok choy with it. 

EmmaJ.

« Reply #5992 on: June 09, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
Last night - I atethe last of the burritos from the freezer.  I make 48 at a time, freeze individually and we pull out when the day is frantic. I had some fresh green beans with my burrito.

Tonight is Roast Beef sandwiches au jus.  Up until this year we always always ate dinner together,  Then all at once - the boys activities , my job and other stuff hit like a ton of bricks and we are only eating together on weekends.

I do a lot of bulk cooking and freeze it in portion-sized containers. Why did i never think of burritos? I love them, thanks for the idea.  :)

And what is French potato salad? It sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:50:23 PM by EmmaJ. »

jmarvellous

« Reply #5993 on: June 09, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
We went to a new food trailer for takeout dinner, and I had a black bean chimichurri wrap and my husband had a BBQ seitan wrap, and we split eggless tofu salad and rosemary fries while watching "The Giant Mechanical Man" (recommended for people who like indie romantic comedies, for sure).

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5994 on: June 09, 2013, 01:43:44 PM »
I am making chicken, vegetable, and wild rice soup for dinner. Trying to overcome this sore throat.

greencat

« Reply #5995 on: June 09, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
I am having BBQ ribs and roasted corn later tonight.  I just started working on my BBQ sauce - it needs to cook for quite awhile!

POF

« Reply #5996 on: June 09, 2013, 04:10:50 PM »

I do a lot of bulk cooking and freeze it in portion-sized cintainers. Why did i never think of burritos? I love them, thanks for the idea.  :)

And what is French potato salad? It sounds interesting.

I have no idea why it is called French ... but its quite yummy.  Potatoes are cooked in large chunks and then when they are still hot - I use a 1/2 bottle or so of Newman's honey mustard vinaigrette to marinate.  I add some chopped eggs.  I also include blanches thin green beans.  I mix it all up with a tablespoon or so of mayo and add a pinch of herbes de provence.

Its nice - the green beans add some interest, the honey mustard flaovrs the potatoes. 

MOM21SON

« Reply #5997 on: June 09, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
I finally bought some chicken sausage.  I got the kind with spinach and asiago cheese.  The problem is I searched and can't find any of the recipes you guys were posting about?

Help please.

I was thinking I would cook it in some olive oil with garlic and toss with pasta and broccoli. 

Tonight we had BBQ pork roast, scalloped potatoes, broccoli and red lobster cheddar biscuits.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5998 on: June 09, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
I made mine by cooking the sausage for 5 minutes per side, then slicing it into rounds and mixing it with pasta and vegetables. Add some of your favorite seasoning, a little cream or milk, or some chicken broth.

Amara

« Reply #5999 on: June 09, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »
I know it will be roasted chicken and steamed corn on the cob because I am smelling the delicious chicken on the vertical roaster. I tossed Kosher salt, pepper, garlic salt, celery salt, dried orange peel, oregano and a few other things in a bowl, mixed it with garlic-flavored olive oil, and brushed the resulting paste all over the chicken. (I love this vertical  roaster; it makes things so much easier.) It is only 45 minutes into the oven and already mouthwatering!