Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 560329 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6045 on: June 22, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »
We had some leftover roasted chicken breasts, so I sliced them, heated them in a small skillet, then put slices of cheese over to melt. We had them as sandwiches with bacon, romaine and avocado salad and macaroni and cheese.

wait did you put the bacon in the salad or on the sandwiches?

I put it on both, split evenly. DH ate two sandwiches with his! We are childless during the week and trying to use up perishables.

For breakfast: bacon, eggs, avocado, fresh local blueberry wheatgerm muffins, Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries and Coffee!

TotterGirl

« Reply #6046 on: June 22, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »
Tonight it is chicken noodle soup.  ;D  Really yummy home made soup.  The broth is a chicken chipotle broth I make when cooking chicken leg quarters for enchiladas last night.  I saved a bit of the chicken, too.  I'll saute some onions, celery, and carrots to add to it and cook kluski noodles (very sturdy, Eastern European, country noodles) in the broth.  If I can find some in the freezer I'll put in a few frozen peas as well.  Yummy!

MissKoreanna

« Reply #6047 on: June 22, 2013, 03:16:52 PM »
Tonight will be "leftovers" from last night, which I didn't really end up eating a ton of because it was late and I was really tired.

Lemon pepper balsamic vinegar chicken with grape tomatoes, steamed broccoli, and baked potatoes.  It keeps pretty well and I made enough (for me anyways) to get 2 to 3 meals out of it.

Lunch today was a fresh peach and a turkey sausage, over medium egg, cheese and wheat toast sandwich with Franks hot sauce on it.  Green tea with honey accompaniment :) 

I've been making all my own meals lately (instead of the occasional dinner of Chipotle or something) because I've been at a summer program away from the husband and we are all situated 20+ miles away from the nearest little restaurant.  I've been craving a Tucson burrito so badly!!!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #6048 on: June 22, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »
I think I'm going to be making my famous corn and crab chowder. I've been craving crabs since Memorial Day

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6049 on: June 22, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »
Yum, crab!

I made double-double chili (two meats, two types of beans), and will be making skillet cornbread and brownies to have with Cappucino Fudge Blitz ice cream for dessert.

Pen^2

« Reply #6050 on: June 22, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
Casserole! Gravy powder, red wine, big chunks of beef, and lots of carrots, potatoes, onions, and leeks. I'll make a huge amount, so half of it stays uneaten and can sit and become yet more delicious overnight in the fridge. I love foods that do that.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6051 on: June 22, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
We had some leftover roasted chicken breasts, so I sliced them, heated them in a small skillet, then put slices of cheese over to melt. We had them as sandwiches with bacon, romaine and avocado salad and macaroni and cheese.

I put it on both, split evenly. DH ate two sandwiches with his! We are childless during the week and trying to use up perishables.

For breakfast: bacon, eggs, avocado, fresh local blueberry wheatgerm muffins, Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries and Coffee!

Can I please have the recipe for both the sandwich and the salad please? They sound absolutely delicious.

ETA: I had mexican for dinner. Nom nom nom. I might even go eat the leftovers soon..... hmm...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:21:22 PM by Nikko-chan »

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6052 on: June 22, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »
Baguette, smoked salmon, brie and yummy sparkling wine followed by ice cream.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #6053 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
fried rice and potstickers...it's so bad, but soooo good :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6054 on: June 23, 2013, 09:18:56 AM »

Can I please have the recipe for both the sandwich and the salad please? They sound absolutely delicious.

ETA: I had mexican for dinner. Nom nom nom. I might even go eat the leftovers soon..... hmm...

Absolutely.

Sandwich: Take leftover boneless, skinless chicken breasts and slice horizontally, into 1/4" slices. Place in small skillet over medium heat, and warm. Add two slices of cheese, whatever you like. Put a lid (or plate) over it to help melt the cheese. Place on a bun, top with bacon. I also put romaine lettuce and avocado slices on mine.

Salad: Tear washed and dried romaine leaves into evenly sized pieces. Top with diced avocado. Sprinkle salt and pepper and fresh lime juice over the salad. Add bacon if desired. Enjoy!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6055 on: June 23, 2013, 08:07:18 PM »
Steak sandwiches, avocado, cucumbers and chips.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6056 on: June 23, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
I made some guacamole and served it with refried beans with tomatoes and green chilies and quinoa and flaxseed chips.

We will probably need another late snack because that was our post-workout and grocery shopping 3 pm meal, and we are used to meals at 12 or 7. Splitting the difference doesn't cut it.

veronaz

« Reply #6057 on: June 23, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
BBQ chicken drumsticks, baked potatoe, tossed salad.  Mango sorbet for snack later.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6058 on: June 23, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
We're gearing up for a string of 90 degree days so we made a braised soy chicken for salads and sandwiches during the week. 

greencat

« Reply #6059 on: June 23, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
I decided to use up a few random cans of tomatoes and made spaghetti sauce with red wine and an entire bulb of roasted garlic.  Dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow!