Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 545461 times)

greencat

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6075 on: July 07, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »
I kind of winged it and made something that resembles massaman curry.  It's not exactly the same because I don't have any fish paste, but it's pretty close.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6076 on: July 07, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
For Sunday dinner I had a veggie burger, baked squash, salad and cornbread. However when I was cleaning this morning, I found a gift certificate to a local bakery/coffee shop so now I'm treating myself to a latte and slice of flourless chocolate cake.

Library Dragon

« Reply #6077 on: July 07, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »
Thin cut pork chops cooked veal piccata style and kernel corn with olive oil and rosemary.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

kckgirl

« Reply #6078 on: July 07, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »
Chicken coated with Greek yogurt and rolled in corn flake crumbs. Yellow squash. Sliced strawberries & bananas.
Maryland

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6079 on: July 07, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »
Freshly baked bread, cheese ravioli topped with marinara and cheese, and blackberry cobbler.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6080 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »
Pinto, onion, tomato and spinach tacos on blue corn and flaxseed tortillas.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6081 on: July 07, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »
I am jealous of everyone. After having an awesome dinner planned out I ended up having.... taco bell.

workerbee

« Reply #6082 on: July 08, 2013, 09:29:34 AM »
Last night DH and I were unexpectedly kid-free, so we went out for sushi: edamame, miso soup and seaweed salad to start, then shared a sushi/sashimi  platter. Walked over to the frozen yogurt shop for dessert. :)

Tonight, it will be slow cooker eggplant curry with naan. Maybe some sliced cucumbers and avocado on the side.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #6083 on: July 08, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
Minestrone soup. I haven't had it in a while and it's sounding really good right now.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6084 on: July 08, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »
Last night DH and I were unexpectedly kid-free, so we went out for sushi: edamame, miso soup and seaweed salad to start, then shared a sushi/sashimi  platter. Walked over to the frozen yogurt shop for dessert. :)

Tonight, it will be slow cooker eggplant curry with naan. Maybe some sliced cucumbers and avocado on the side.

Mind sharing the recipe? I'm always looking for more vegetable focused slow cooker recipes.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6085 on: July 08, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
Grilled chicken wings, potato chip nachos, and adult beverages. Watermelon for dessert!

DH worked late, so chicken and steak stir-fry with yellow and red peppers, Vidalia onion, carrots and scallions. Served with Thai peanut noodles and chili sauce.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:19:13 PM by ladyknight1 »

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6086 on: July 08, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »
Potato chips and french onion dip, pepperoni cheese and crackers, and angel food cake. Tonight is a snack night.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6087 on: July 08, 2013, 08:01:39 PM »

The curry sounds great. Tonight is thai basil chicken in lettuce cups. It's just DH and I tonight and we need to eat light after the weekend.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6088 on: July 08, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
I watched Joanne Weir on PBS yesterday make "summer bean salad" (fusilli with green, wax and cannellini beans and fresh herbs).
Today I improvised with what I had and made a vegetarian variation (veg broth instead of chicken) with green and garbanzo beans and ziti instead of fusilli. I also had to use dried oregano and tarragon in place of fresh oregano and savory, but I had plenty of fresh Italian parsley, as directed.

In short: Good meal for a hot summer night. After I get some good bread, I might try her similarly tasty-sounding panzanella.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #6089 on: July 08, 2013, 10:37:02 PM »
I got a naughty joke cookbook from my brother last week. So we had one of the roasted chicken recipes tonight. Chicken with oranges, paprika and bacon.

It was Fifty Shades of Chicken, if anyone is interested.