Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 565773 times)

Valentines Mommy

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6120 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:23 AM »
Because barbaque is delicious?

My DH is smoking ribs for tomorrow night. So I am picking up dinner from the gourmet market across the street from my office today. I think it will be mostly appetizers because thief cheese bar is to die for and the deli case has three different types of grape leaves.

SDG31000

« Reply #6121 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
Because barbaque is delicious?

That is is Valentines Mommy.  Not to mention it makes the best pizza topping

My living room thermostat is reading 29.5 C and it is hotter in the kitchen.  How I long for air conditioning.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6122 on: July 13, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
We went to a pub and had awesome 'chips,' and I had a sandwich piled with avocado, fried onions, tomato, lettuce and provolone (I think), and my husband had a veggie burger.
I could eat an avocado a day if they were cheaper, I think!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #6123 on: July 13, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
I made NPR's blueberry dumplings. They were absolutely amazing (and leftovers made a great breakfast).

The only downside is they look like the thing that killed Tasha Yar.

Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

EmmaJ.

« Reply #6124 on: July 13, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
I made NPR's blueberry dumplings. They were absolutely amazing (and leftovers made a great breakfast).

The only downside is they look like the thing that killed Tasha Yar.

Oooh that sounds delish.  I've bookmarked that recipe.

Jessie

« Reply #6125 on: July 13, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »
First time cooking in the new apartment! Poblano stuffed with chorizo, shrimp and rice for dinner, followed by a homemade peach pie. Yeah, I made a mess....

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6126 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »
I was helping a friend with a sewing project, so her fiance made us risotto, stuffed zucchini, salad from their garden & lemon cheesecake with strawberry topping. It's a good thing I like her so much, otherwise I might have to steal her man!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6127 on: July 14, 2013, 02:31:27 AM »
First time cooking in the new apartment! Poblano stuffed with chorizo, shrimp and rice for dinner, followed by a homemade peach pie. Yeah, I made a mess....

Did you use Guy Fieri's recipe or create your own. Yes I will admit I did a google search as soon as I saw what you made... it sounds lovely and I suspect I will be cooking up my own version soon!

jmarvellous

« Reply #6128 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
Miso soup with spinach. Seems like I make it once every 1-2 weeks these days.

Apple-raisin muffins made this morning might be all I eat today, which wouldn't be tragic.

Jessie

« Reply #6129 on: July 14, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »

Did you use Guy Fieri's recipe or create your own. Yes I will admit I did a google search as soon as I saw what you made... it sounds lovely and I suspect I will be cooking up my own version soon!

I used Guy's recipe as a starting point, but I've adapted it over time. It's yummy!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6130 on: July 15, 2013, 09:12:14 AM »
After I get off work, and do our food shopping for the week, we are having something simple tonight.

Roast beef and Bleu cheese panini with wedge salads.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6131 on: July 15, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »
Miso soup with spinach. Seems like I make it once every 1-2 weeks these days.

Apple-raisin muffins made this morning might be all I eat today, which wouldn't be tragic.

Wound up with sweet and sour tofu (homemade marinade with fresh pineapple) and broccoli over quinoa. Better idea than muffins, probably.

Nikko-chan

SDG31000

« Reply #6133 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
The supermarket I went to on Saturday had turkey legs on offer, so I'm slow cooking it in the oven covered in jerk spice mix and a bit of water.  In a bit (i.e when I can face going into the kitchen again) I'll add in some tomatoes, onions and peppers.  I'll probably serve it with coconut rice and green beans.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6134 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »
Tonight is custom skillet pizzas and salad with Ciabatta bread toasted and topped with the butter-filled provolone I have.