News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 31, 2015, 02:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 623843 times)

Valentines Mommy

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6120 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:23 AM »
Because barbaque is delicious?

My DH is smoking ribs for tomorrow night. So I am picking up dinner from the gourmet market across the street from my office today. I think it will be mostly appetizers because thief cheese bar is to die for and the deli case has three different types of grape leaves.

SDG31000

« Reply #6121 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
Because barbaque is delicious?

That is is Valentines Mommy.  Not to mention it makes the best pizza topping

My living room thermostat is reading 29.5 C and it is hotter in the kitchen.  How I long for air conditioning.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6122 on: July 13, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
We went to a pub and had awesome 'chips,' and I had a sandwich piled with avocado, fried onions, tomato, lettuce and provolone (I think), and my husband had a veggie burger.
I could eat an avocado a day if they were cheaper, I think!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #6123 on: July 13, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
I made NPR's blueberry dumplings. They were absolutely amazing (and leftovers made a great breakfast).

The only downside is they look like the thing that killed Tasha Yar.

It is the policy of the United States Navy to neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard its vessels.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #6124 on: July 13, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
I made NPR's blueberry dumplings. They were absolutely amazing (and leftovers made a great breakfast).

The only downside is they look like the thing that killed Tasha Yar.

Oooh that sounds delish.  I've bookmarked that recipe.

Jessie

« Reply #6125 on: July 13, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »
First time cooking in the new apartment! Poblano stuffed with chorizo, shrimp and rice for dinner, followed by a homemade peach pie. Yeah, I made a mess....

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6126 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »
I was helping a friend with a sewing project, so her fiance made us risotto, stuffed zucchini, salad from their garden & lemon cheesecake with strawberry topping. It's a good thing I like her so much, otherwise I might have to steal her man!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6127 on: July 14, 2013, 02:31:27 AM »
First time cooking in the new apartment! Poblano stuffed with chorizo, shrimp and rice for dinner, followed by a homemade peach pie. Yeah, I made a mess....

Did you use Guy Fieri's recipe or create your own. Yes I will admit I did a google search as soon as I saw what you made... it sounds lovely and I suspect I will be cooking up my own version soon!

jmarvellous

« Reply #6128 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
Miso soup with spinach. Seems like I make it once every 1-2 weeks these days.

Apple-raisin muffins made this morning might be all I eat today, which wouldn't be tragic.

Jessie

« Reply #6129 on: July 14, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »

Did you use Guy Fieri's recipe or create your own. Yes I will admit I did a google search as soon as I saw what you made... it sounds lovely and I suspect I will be cooking up my own version soon!

I used Guy's recipe as a starting point, but I've adapted it over time. It's yummy!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6130 on: July 15, 2013, 09:12:14 AM »
After I get off work, and do our food shopping for the week, we are having something simple tonight.

Roast beef and Bleu cheese panini with wedge salads.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6131 on: July 15, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »
Miso soup with spinach. Seems like I make it once every 1-2 weeks these days.

Apple-raisin muffins made this morning might be all I eat today, which wouldn't be tragic.

Wound up with sweet and sour tofu (homemade marinade with fresh pineapple) and broccoli over quinoa. Better idea than muffins, probably.

Nikko-chan

SDG31000

« Reply #6133 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
The supermarket I went to on Saturday had turkey legs on offer, so I'm slow cooking it in the oven covered in jerk spice mix and a bit of water.  In a bit (i.e when I can face going into the kitchen again) I'll add in some tomatoes, onions and peppers.  I'll probably serve it with coconut rice and green beans.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6134 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »
Tonight is custom skillet pizzas and salad with Ciabatta bread toasted and topped with the butter-filled provolone I have.