Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 526060 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6210 on: August 18, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
Let me know how it is- I've got that cookbook too!

I'm having a fish, mushroom and zucchini thing I froze a few weeks back. I'm going to put it on pasta, I think, and have a peach for dessert.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

cattlekid

« Reply #6211 on: August 18, 2013, 05:22:12 PM »
I am baking some tortellini with fresh tomato sauce I made yesterday, then making a lettuce salad to go alongside.

I am loving my CSA weeks!  This is the first time I have participated and I really enjoy seeing what I get every week.  This week, it was tomatoes out the ying-yang, hence the sauce.  I also got one onion (in the sauce too, along with basil that I've been keeping alive in a glass of water) and the lettuce and cucumbers for the salad are also from the CSA.

greencat

« Reply #6212 on: August 18, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
Last night I went out for Japanese/sushi with a friend.  Seaweed salad, edamame, cute little bites of lump crab wrapped in smoked salmon, and a big roll with multiple types of fish, lump crab, avocado, and cream cheese. 

Tonight I think I am going to make a pasta salad.  I'm not sure how much of it I'll eat now and how much will be lunch tomorrow though!

POF

« Reply #6213 on: August 18, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
I have a few good ones form this week.  I made a from scratch green bean casserole with fresh garden green beans, lots of mushrooms and a great homemade white sauce . I made it extra saucy and had it with whole wheat pasta.

Breakfast for dinner tonight: Overnight yeasted waffles ; "red rocketeer" hashbrowns - include peppers, onion, garlic, bacon and muenster cheese. Seasoned with hot pepper and paprika, over easy eggs and fruit.

Made a large pot of chili for lunches this week,  Simple recipe ( wendy's copy cat - extremely good ). I use ground turkey instead of ground beef. ( No health reason - I just prefer ground turkey ).

In fact as I look back on what I've been eating - I have pretty much eliminated red meat except for may once every other week and I am eating more meatless or very little meat in my meals.  For some reason - I have just lost the taste for it.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6214 on: August 18, 2013, 11:51:39 PM »
I don't often eat  a hamburger sandwich, but tonight I did, and really enjoyed it.  Sometimes when I make them I skip the tomato and onion and just put a nice chunky tomato salsa with all the other usual fixings. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Jessie

« Reply #6215 on: August 19, 2013, 12:21:57 AM »
Breakfast for dinner tonight! We had yummy eggs scrambled with onions, potato, wild boar sausage and cheddar cheese, along with delicious bacon and sourdough toast. NOM.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6216 on: August 19, 2013, 02:55:12 AM »
Dinner with the family at an amazing Italian restaurant. The food was family style and since most of the group are pork aficionados and two of us are pescatarian, they had one shared dinner and we split our own set of food. We had roasted beet salad with candied walnuts and creme fraiche, linguine with crab and grilled octopus and potatoes.

Mmmmm.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6217 on: August 19, 2013, 09:21:50 AM »
Cheeseburger macaroni casserole with vegetables.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #6218 on: August 19, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »
As part of my portion control efforts, we've instituted twice-weekly cooking: Make a big batch of something and eat that until it's gone. The principle is that the food is boring, so you don't overeat on it.

This week has been "field ration" burgers: The Sweetie cooks up a big batch of hamburgers (seasoned with lots of garlic, onion powder, & smoked salt),  and we eat cold burger-sicles (impale burger on fork, eat like lollipop) for several days. With a side of homemade coleslaw that takes *forever* to go through.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6219 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:37 PM »
I'm going to live culinarily through you guys this week. We had 2 "big" eating weekends and one more to go this coming weekend so I'm really watching my intake this week.

DH and I had cabbage soup last night and having antelope steaks with mushrooms and green beans tonight.

greencat

« Reply #6220 on: August 20, 2013, 02:35:16 AM »
I decided to act like an adult - and eat peach fro-yo for dinner, because it was that kind of day. 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #6221 on: August 20, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »
Yesterday was grilled cheese and a salad.

Tonight is probably eggs in some form, salad and an english muffin.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6222 on: August 20, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
Tonight is pork tacos with yellow rice and black beans. Yum!

metallicafan

« Reply #6223 on: August 20, 2013, 07:01:01 PM »
Stuffed pizza

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #6224 on: August 20, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »
Penne with ground turkey and cabernet sauce