Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 524714 times)

Amara

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #6240 on: August 26, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »
I didn't have time for breakfast this morning nor did I even have time to grab something to take for lunch today. So I am operating on empty until I get home.

I wasn't sure what to make for dinner except that during "lunch" I watched a CHOPPED episode that featured canned salmon (it also had Crème de Menthe, ugh). That reminded me I have some canned salmon and also my homemade herb-flavored breadcrumbs plus eggs. I am going to make salmon patties this evening and have a small green salad and some corn on the cob.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6241 on: August 26, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
Last night we went out to celebrate husband's early birthday (it was today, but today was also our first day of orientation at our respective schools). He had seitan chicken in a coconut curry sauce and vegan cherry amaretto "ice cream" and I had seitan beef in black bean sauce and vegan cookies 'n' cream "ice cream." And the restaurant gave us a slice of free "cheese"cake for his birthday.
He had leftovers tonight, and I had a quesadilla wedge and scoop of pasta from a mediocre "Mexican" restaurant ("Oh, yes, traditional Mexican baked ziti!" I said.) for free as part of orientation.

greencat

« Reply #6242 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:23 PM »
I pan-fried (really more like grilled, since I use a steel pan and just enough oil to keep the fish from sticking) a rainbow trout fillet, and boiled potatoes in seasoned water, and made a creamy sauce for both.  If I'd remembered to eat my salad with it, it would have been something I'd have expected to order in a restaurant.  Trout has now overtaken mahi mahi as a favorite fish.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6243 on: August 27, 2013, 01:12:15 AM »
Not dinner, but for breakfast I had a sandwich of a fresh egg over-easy and avocado on homemade sourdough. Messy but so good I can't wait to have it again tomorrow.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6244 on: August 27, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
No idea... either what's left open at the food court or takeout from a local restaurant downtown...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6245 on: August 27, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »
Last night we ended up having pulled pork sandwiches with chips and spicy pickles. DS made brownies for dessert.

Tonight is steak, vegetables and potatoes.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6246 on: August 27, 2013, 11:06:59 PM »
Tomato sandwich on whole wheat.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6247 on: August 27, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »
Ended up having 50 cent tacos... they were icky. the shells didn't seem to be cooked even though they were swimming in grease and i had to rush to eat them.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6248 on: August 28, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
Tonight is pulled pork tacos, fresh salsa, rice and black beans.

I have to make my pot luck vegetarian chili for tomorrow.

Library Dragon

« Reply #6249 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
I made a frittata with potatoes, ham, and mozzarella cheese.  It came our really well. The cheese was perfectly browned. It had the nice crunchy cheese edges.   

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #6250 on: August 28, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
Ramen noodles with poached egg and broccoli.

jmarvellous

« Reply #6251 on: August 29, 2013, 07:56:17 AM »
I baked eggplant with onion, carrots and spinach with marinara sauce and served over couscous.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6252 on: August 29, 2013, 08:06:15 AM »
Going to the campus cafeteria before the big game.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #6253 on: August 29, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »
The kids and I are making pizzas. When I told DS my plan, his expression was priceless! It was a mix of shock and amazement. I guess pizza is just a magical thing that appears when they're good. He had no idea we can make it at home :)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6254 on: August 30, 2013, 12:28:33 AM »
homemade falafel, and then the boyfriend took me out to Denny's cause i had a bad day, and i had nachos. Yum.