Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 566349 times)

Buffy2424

What's for Dinner?
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:08:35 PM »
I thought it could be fun to have an ongoing What's for Dinner thread.  People could ask for recipes if they're interested in someone's dish, but also feel free to reply that you're having canned soup or going to a great restaurant with relatives.  Any other details too, of course.  Most dinners it is just me and DH, though. 

Anyway, I am making Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce shortly.  I add about 1/3 cup of diced jalepeno to the basic wine-parsley-baby clams recipe, and I really like the extra kick that gives.  It's also a pretty quick dinner because after chopping garlic and parsley, it is just a combine and cook for 5 minutes type of deal.

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
Made a crock pot pot roast with mushroom gravy, it smells soooo good right now, as soon as BF is finished with the rice I'll nuke some veggies. 

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »
Actually we had leftovers of Auntie Venom's Italian Pasta Salad from last night!  Good combination, yum, and even better a day later!

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
We are having a delicious cool spell after several days of heat-wave temperatures (it's breezy too; feels just like a perfect autumn day!), so I am making chili in the crockpot (3/4 lb very lean ground sirloin, 1 chopped sweet onion, chili beans, tomatoes, seasonings). I'd love to make biscuits or yeast rolls, but my oven is on the fritz.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
grilled shrimp, snow peas, water chestnuts, cellophane noodles in a spicy peanut sauce.

With enough left over for lunch. YUM

ganjin

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 12:38:31 AM »
A sorta Sissy Stroganoff with some extra-lean ground buffalo, chunks of sauteed onion, beef stock, sour cream, with baby peas and no-yolk narrow noodles added at the last minute.   With a salad of baby spinach, thin Vidalia rings, Mandarins and sunflower seeds, in a balsamac/citrus vinaigrette, with those lovely Sam's Buttery Bagel Chips for croutons.   A scoop of Homemade vanilla for dessert.

We like Stroganoff with mushrooms, as well, but the only ones in the house were dried shiitakes, and they're a bit strongly-flavored for the delicate sauce.

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 01:18:03 AM »
Today was easy.  I had ribs in the freezer from Rendezvous (great rib place in Memphis) and just added veggies.  I have meat defrosting now for tomorrow night: beef patties with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 03:10:31 AM »
Tonight we're having Kip Siam (Chicken Siam).. out of a box :P Well, the rice and the seasonings come out of a box. Just add chicken, veggies and cashews and you're all set. Yeah... I should really learn to cook.
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Peaches737

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:17:11 PM »
Reservations.  My personal fave

Abby T

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 06:57:21 PM »
Reservations.  My personal fave

That sounds nicer than my dinner tonight - I went to Pizza Hut for the first time in about 5 years.

Fish in foil is on the menu for tomorrow night - salmon fillets cooked with white wine and julienne vegetables. Nice and easy and minal clean up afterwards.

AprilRenee

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
We are having hamburgers topped with mushrooms, onions, tomato's and avacados (at least for me and DS)

What I DIDN"T tell anyone is that I had a teeny bottle of habanaro hot sauce that I dumped into the raw hamburger ;) Everyone likes spicy, and I'm hoping this kicks it up a bit.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »
Tonight - chili mac, using last night's leftover chili. I added cooked macaroni shells, frozen corn, and a heaping handful of shredded cheddar cheese.

Summrs

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
Tonight was ribs at Tony Roma's.. mmmm... after seeing the new Indiana Jones.  Fun flick!

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
Tonight we are having flank steak, rolled up with spinach and provolone cheese, baked in the oven.  Along with this, we are having potatoe wedges, seasoned with sea salt and other spices, wrapped in foil and grilled on the BBQ (since the oven is being used for the flank steak).  Everything smells pretty good so far!

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »
Tonight we are having flank steak, rolled up with spinach and provolone cheese, baked in the oven.  Along with this, we are having potatoe wedges, seasoned with sea salt and other spices, wrapped in foil and grilled on the BBQ (since the oven is being used for the flank steak).  Everything smells pretty good so far!

Mmmm, yum!

My oven isn't working (I have a service guy coming out tomorrow), and I'm really missing it. That steak sounds delicious.