Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 524571 times)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
Shores, that's a really cute idea! Easy, too. Thanks!

Buffy2424

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Sliced fruit?  Or maybe chicken salad?

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
Tonight we were going to have burritos, but I just realized I used the last of our cooked ground beef last week, and I haven't thawed any more.  Ooops!  So I have no idea what we're having for dinner.  Maybe pizza, maybe leftovers.  I'll make the burritos tomorrow night.

Looking forward to Friday night for dinner this week.  I'm making grilled salmon with sliced potatoes in foil, and either grilled corn or grilled asparagus.  Can you tell we just got a new grill?   ;)

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »
How about a no-bake cheese cake or something like that Cathy?

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
Tonight will be Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and Hot Dogs.  Broccoli too if I can get the menfolk to choke it down.   ::)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
Hey! Guess what! I have my oven back!

Long story short: My husband decided the estimate we were given at first was a gross overcharge and called a local appliance repair shop for a second opinion. Second opinion? The gas valve worked fine, and only the ignitor needed replacing. Instead of a 482.00 repair bill, we had a 289.77 repair bill. Not only that, but the original guy told me he'd have to order the part if I decided on repair, and it would take two weeks to come in. The local guy had the part on hand and fixed my oven today. Just now. Took him about 45 minutes. I happily wrote him a check, and there you are!

Abby T

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »
Hey! Guess what! I have my oven back!

Long story short: My husband decided the estimate we were given at first was a gross overcharge and called a local appliance repair shop for a second opinion. Second opinion? The gas valve worked fine, and only the ignitor needed replacing. Instead of a 482.00 repair bill, we had a 289.77 repair bill. Not only that, but the original guy told me he'd have to order the part if I decided on repair, and it would take two weeks to come in. The local guy had the part on hand and fixed my oven today. Just now. Took him about 45 minutes. I happily wrote him a check, and there you are!

That is great. Hey, everyone! Dinner at Cathy's tonight!

;D ;D ;D

Hazelthyme

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
Tonight's special at Hazel House is chicken florentine, served on a brown rice-orzo pilaf, with a tomato-mozzarellas salad on the side.  Our beverage choices are seltzer, water, skim milk, assorted diet sodas, French lemonade, and beer or wine (sorry, Littlehazel, none of those last for you).  For dessert, we have an espresso custard, plenty of fresh fruit to choose from, and a box of Fudgsicles in the freezer -- take your pick.

-HB

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
Tonight: Broiled sea scallops, tossed with Parmesan and a little butter before being tossed under the broiler.  Baked potatoes.  Steamed broccoli.  Salad.  Diet time has come again, since my ticker moved in the wrong direction! ;)

Last night was a WW version of chicken parm that actually wasn't too bad and was very filling.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:58:31 PM by AlidaDmed »

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
Tonight for dinner I am making Clubhouse Chicken Squares. I'll also get to have hotdogs and hamburgers and salads and cakeS and other dessertS (yes, plural!  ;D) because it's my best friend's surprise birthday potluck party. My friends do THE BEST potlucks because we all know each others faves! I'm so excited - doesn't start for another 8 hours but I CAN'T WAIT! lol
I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

Buffy2424

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2008, 02:46:14 PM »
Tonight I am ordering Pepperoni & Garlic Pizza and Pesto bread (like garlic bread). 

ladiedeathe

• Pushing the bounds of ministry, one gasp at a time.
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2008, 03:04:41 PM »
Tonight we are doing potluck at a friend's house. She's doing flank steak and a rasberry vinagerette salad with cranberries, walnuts, mixed greens and blu cheese crumbles. I'm bringing wild rice with mushrooms and onions as a side and crab dip, hummus, blu cheese soaked chou pastry triangles, and summer sausage as appatizer selections. Another guest is bringing a mystery dessert.
"Here to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Have chalice, will travel."

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
Tonight is our Texas 2 step lesson, so we're eating at the country bar. I think I'll have a club with veggies as a side. DH is a creature of habit and will have the philly cheesesteak with fries, and I bet we'll both have a side of tequila to loosen us up a bit ;)

ch1pch0p

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:17 PM »
Meatball subs with onions, peppers and mushrooms. Probably with chips and dip. And beer.

TheBrass

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »
Tonight is barbequed hotdogs at the ball park after DH and I are finished playing slo-pitch.