Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 457429 times)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
Cinnamon swirl bread.

McCutieBelle

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »
I had salmon with a lemon, wine and butter marinade (it is actually good, you just use a little butter and the acidity of the wine and lemon are good with the rich salmon) with potatoes and roasted vegtables. I had a vegan cupcake for dessert. Tomorrow I think I will make grilled chicken, veggies, rice with mango salsa and have some vegan chocolate pudding. I need to cut down on my sugar and the rich foods I have been eating lately, so I may cut back on a few things.
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »
We went to a new place and had an amaaaazing 6 course tasting menu.

Oh....so....full :)

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2008, 03:07:35 AM »
Tonight was Red Lobster as we were out running errands.

Ahhh... Lobster, salad, sharing an appetizer and those horribly addictive biscuits.  12.5 points!  Yay!

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »
The other night I made this fantastic Tuna Salad

Fresh Tuna steak - grilled on the griddle then refrigerated till cold

Avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, hot sauce, a little bit of olive oil mixed up in a bowl - chilled.

Cut tuna into chunks and mix into avocado mix.

We heated up weight watcher pitas and spooned the mixture into them. DELICIOUS.

Tonight we are going to the Greek fair at my friends church.....gyros droooooooooool.

Buffy2424

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »
I am making Pecan-crusted chicken breasts (again) and greens salad with nuts, chopped apple and honey-mustard dressing.  Um, I am going to mix it up again, soon.  I am overdue for a grocery trip.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »
Tonight...

Grilled game hens (rubbed with a rosemary/garlic/olive oil rub)
Grilled summer squash
Home-made potato/rosemary rolls (with roasted garlic)

Mixed fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, red raspberries, yellow raspberries, strawberries) drizzled with pomegranate liqueur and served over home-made ricotta cheese
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 06:40:27 PM »
I have no idea what to serve tonight. The last two days have wiped me out. I really don't feel like cooking a full meal and cleaning up afterward.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
I have no idea what to serve tonight. The last two days have wiped me out. I really don't feel like cooking a full meal and cleaning up afterward.

Me either!  We just got back from three days of camping and I don't feel like doing anything at all.  Guess we'll be having pizza!

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

Me either!  We just got back from three days of camping and I don't feel like doing anything at all.  Guess we'll be having pizza!

I went ahead and started a loaf of pumpkin bread (yeast, not quick, so it can sit there rising for a while as I sit here resting ;) ). Maybe I'll scramble some eggs or something. No one seems particularly hungry at this point. Kayla and Keven went for Mongolian BBQ with friends.

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »
Tonight we tried EhellDame's Beef Slices in Wine and it was good!!  Very easy to make (DH cooked it actually, using flank steak and egg noodles.)  We do want to double the mushrooms next time, as we are mushroom lovers! 

I commented to DH that this dish was from the same person who provided the Chicken in Wine and Tomato Sauce recipe, which we absolutely love.  He replied that she sure must like cooking with wine!  ;)

Veronica

• Super Hero!
  • the Patron Saint of Judgmental Statues
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »
We got a new grill today so we had grilled swordfish and a salad.  Yum!

Florida

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »
Tonight we had burgers and corn on the grill :)

The burgers were a test out for when we have some friends over in a few days, and aside from a bit of tweaking they were great.

Lean ground beefs,
fine chopped onions
fine chopped jalapenos
salt
pepper
woshteshire sauce
tandoor seasoning
and the cheese on the inside and all melty.

On top, crispy proscuitto, homemade pickle (from homegrown cucumber), and tomatoes slices infused with garlic and fresh parsley/cilantra.

:)

RoseRose

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »
Quizno's.  The kitchen in my quad is rank, from the other quadmates, as the landlords are kicking us out the Sunday right after finals, which is totally not cool (considering the lease change is usually July 1), so no one is taking care of their stuff.  I probably won't be cooking the next two weeks.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
I wound up making a hotdish of sorts - browned hamburger, diced onion and green pepper, garlic, salt, sugar, chili powder, paprika, tomatoes, elbow macaroni, and sour cream. Mr. F liked it well enough to have two huge helpings. :)

ETA that the pumpkin bread is almost ready to go into the oven. This is the first time I've used this particular recipe, so we'll see how it comes out.