Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 457192 times)

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
I'm in a grilling mood (and a broccoli mood, too - craving the little green trees).  So tonight will be grilled shrimp and pineapple kabobs, with Tuscan bean salad and seasoned broccoli.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2008, 11:47:50 AM »
I'm in a grilling mood (and a broccoli mood, too - craving the little green trees).  So tonight will be grilled shrimp and pineapple kabobs, with Tuscan bean salad and seasoned broccoli.

Have you tried broccali on the grill? ::::drool::::

Buffy2424

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »
I am making Avocado sandwiches tonight.  Good monday night dinner.  Long grain rolls of bread layered with slices of avocado, mozzerella and tomato.  Slices topped with torn, fresh basil, drizzled with olive oil and baked for a few minutes in the oven until the cheese is melty. 

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »

Oooh no - how do you do it?

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »
Leftover take-out cheese enchilada with rice and beans.  With a side of chips and salsa leftover from girl's night on Saturday.

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:01 PM »
I am making Avocado sandwiches tonight.  Good monday night dinner.  Long grain rolls of bread layered with slices of avocado, mozzerella and tomato.  Slices topped with torn, fresh basil, drizzled with olive oil and baked for a few minutes in the oven until the cheese is melty. 

I am drooling.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »

Oooh no - how do you do it?

We do straight on the grill because I love veggies with a bit of char and crunch. Tonight we'll dip it in spicy peanute sauce and lay the suckers on down there, stem side down ;)

ch1pch0p

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »
Pasta with chicken, green peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and tomoatoes. And whatever cheese I can find. Garlic bread. Salad.

Buffy2424

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »
DH & I have borrowed our Monday night meals from my grandparents.  My grandparents have homemade soup on Monday nights.  The idea being that they eat hearty meals on Sunday nights, or eat freely over the weekends in general.  I've amended that to soup on Mondays in the winter, and sandwiches and/or salad on Monday nights in the summer. 

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
Tonight we'll grill brats. I don't know what our sides will be because I haven't been to the grocery store yet.

ETA sides: baked beans with bacon, basil/pea/macaroni salad, potato chips, pickles, and homemade peach cobbler for dessert. It will be Mr. F and me, the little kids, Kayla and Keven, and Kayla's friend and her boyfriend. This is Kayla and Keven's last night in town. They have to be at the airport by six tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:37:33 PM by CathyF »

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:55:40 PM by Evil Duckie »

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »
We had grilled tandoori shrimp, roast fingerling potatoes and sugar peas.

I am really groving on the tandoori lately :)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »
Stir-fried sugar snaps, carrots and egg over noodles in a peanut sauce.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
Tonight - leftovers from last night's cookout. We have brats leftover, for which I will make homemade rolls. We also have leftover pasta salad, beans, and a rice dish. I have some nice fresh lettuce and grape tomatoes to use in a green salad, and the peach cobbler was such a hit, I might make another one (smaller, though, as it will just be Mr. F, the little kids, and me tonight).

ch1pch0p

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »
I don't know about dinner, but I do have two pounds of strawberries, so I'm making shortcake. Maybe that will be dinner.