Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 563634 times)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
Turnip greens with cornmeal dumplings.

It's CSA season, which means that every meal is focused around using up as many vegetables as possible, before getting the next week's batch.

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2008, 02:17:17 PM »
Tonight we are having a turkey, dressing, salad and sliced tomatoes. The turkey is a boneless one that I am cooking in the crockpot so I don't have to turn on th oven.

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
Baked potato soup with spinach salad!

I know it is a zillion degrees out, but DH is cooking, and I am not going to discourage that  ;D

newbiePA
Not such a newbie anymore

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »
It's casserole time for me.  Making and freezing 2 casseroles: "Mexican" with corn, black beans, tortillas, tomatoes & cheese, and a fancy version of the classic green bean casserole.

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2008, 04:27:29 PM »
It's hoooooooooot today, enough for us to head to the neighborhood pool.  We are going to enjoy a cold summer supper, with shrimp salad hoagies, dill pickles, bbq potato chips and a fresh batch of sweet iced tea.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2008, 04:52:15 PM »
Tonight will probably be spaghetti with meat sauce (Italian sausage), a green vegetable, homemade rolls, and blueberry cobbler or blueberry shortcake.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »
Last night I had a dinner party, so that was fairly high maintence (mmm baked stuffed lobster).

I made an extra dish of the "stuffed" part (ritz crackers, butter, herbs, scallops, shrimp mainly) for dinner for us tonight. I'll make a huge pile of steamed veggies (green beans, broccoli, sugar peas, etc) and that'll be dinner.

Buffy2424

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »
The other night DH made a green Thai curry with eggplant, tofu, onion and bamboo shoot, served with jasmine rice ... that is my favorite dinner that he makes, maybe my favorite dinner ever. 

I don't know what I'm making for dinner tonight.  I feel very laid-back about it rather than making a 'sunday dinner.'  Maybe veggie burgers. 

I did make a blueberry pie last night (it was runny, but seems solidified and okay enough today?).  I still have 2 pints of blueberries left, so I'm thinking of making something else with one of the pints.  Usually I'd make blueberry muffins or waffles, but I want to do something different ... I don't know what. 

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »
DH right now is cooking one of our favorite pasta dishes, a derivative of Giada De Laurentiis' Little Thimbles Sciue’ Sciue’, only he's using gemelli instead of ditalini.  Oh, so simple, so fresh, so goooooooood.  I could eat the whole pot of it!!  I can smell the garlic browning and even the fresh tomatoes as he's chopping them.  My stomach is RUMBLIN'!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 06:28:19 PM by SkylerY »

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »
Tonight: country style ribs with Mr. F's own marinade, done on the grill;  warm, fresh homemade oat rolls, steamed vegetables, and the rest of the blueberry cobbler from last night.

kckgirl

« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2008, 07:11:14 PM »
Tonight is Chicken Cacciatore over spaghetti. It smells so good...only 35 minutes to yum!
Maryland

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »
Last night the BF made mini quiches with (turkey)ham, onion, spinich, chedder and tomato....oh my GOSH soooo YUMMY!!!

It's already 92 here so tonight we're going to go to the local diner (air conditioned and we have a GC!) so we don't have to turn the oven on.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »
Last night the BF made mini quiches with (turkey)ham, onion, spinich, chedder and tomato....oh my GOSH soooo YUMMY!!!

It's already 92 here so tonight we're going to go to the local diner (air conditioned and we have a GC!) so we don't have to turn the oven on.

That sound sooo very good, may I ask how he made them? Did he use the mini muffin tin method?

As for us... tonight dinner is steak, grilled corn, and peaches on the grill.

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:30 AM »

That sound sooo very good, may I ask how he made them? Did he use the mini muffin tin method?

As for us... tonight dinner is steak, grilled corn, and peaches on the grill.

We actually bought white china ramekins at W-mart on Sat. They were like $.97 each - for the actual cooking he put them in a roasting pan with boiling hot water in between and then they cooked in the oven for 45 min.  Lol, I was just the sou chef on this one, but I can check and see if he's willing to share the recipe.

Flannery

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:22 AM »
Tonight we're having sautéed chicken with balsamic and prosciutto, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus. There are also fresh strawberries and mascarpone gelato from the farmers' market for dessert, if they can make it through the day uneaten :D