Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 559520 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
it's a jewish holiday now (shavuos) and it's traditional to eat dairy dishes so.... we had two types of cannelloni (i was experimenting) : one with tuna and cheese in white sauce, and one with cheese in red sauce. and cheese cake for dessert.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

RoseRose

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »
Last night, I made Chinese stir fried noodles, with beef and Chinese veggies.  I was at my fiance's, and it's one of his and his brother's favorites.  The night before I made steak and rosemary potatoes for them.  THEY have a functional kitchen (mostly... their oven's kinda screwy).

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »
Last night the BF made mini quiches with (turkey)ham, onion, spinich, chedder and tomato....oh my GOSH soooo YUMMY!!!

It's already 92 here so tonight we're going to go to the local diner (air conditioned and we have a GC!) so we don't have to turn the oven on.

That sound sooo very good, may I ask how he made them? Did he use the mini muffin tin method?

As for us... tonight dinner is steak, grilled corn, and peaches on the grill.

We actually bought white china ramekins at W-mart on Sat. They were like $.97 each - for the actual cooking he put them in a roasting pan with boiling hot water in between and then they cooked in the oven for 45 min.  Lol, I was just the sou chef on this one, but I can check and see if he's willing to share the recipe.

:::gets wild ideas::::

Thank you for sharing!

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
Tonight was a goat cheese, walnut, sundried tomatoes salad over mixed greens, apples and pasta with a honey salad dressing. Yummiest salad in the world. :D
Wherever you go.... there you are.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
Sliced zucchini and squash, coated with bread crumbs, parmesan, rosemary and garlic.  If I need protein I might just have a glass of milk.

Flannery

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »
Tonight we're having sautéed chicken with balsamic and prosciutto, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus. There are also fresh strawberries and mascarpone gelato from the farmers' market for dessert, if they can make it through the day uneaten :D

RIP, mascarpone gelato. Your life was brief, but it brought joy to those around you.

There are still strawberries, though, and good ol' vanilla ice cream.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »
Tonight was a goat cheese, walnut, sundried tomatoes salad over mixed greens, apples and pasta with a honey salad dressing. Yummiest salad in the world. :D

Sounds delicious!

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2008, 03:47:26 PM »
Tonight we are having a fritatta with onions, broccoli, bacon, and cheese sauce. I'm also going to take last night's leftover dinner rolls, split them, butter them, and top with brown sugar, then I'll pop 'em under the broiler until the butter and brown sugar are bubbly.

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »
BBQ chicken pizza, on one of those pre-made crusts.  DH and I made this a couple of weeks ago, when we were staring blankly at the fridge, looking for SOMETHING for dinner.

Just to be extra fancy, we are grilling it on our little tiny weber grill.  It makes the crust extra-crispy.

it is really tasty, and super fast. 

Hurry up dinner!
Not such a newbie anymore

ch1pch0p

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »
Hamburgers (with lots of 'stuff' in them) on onion rolls, French fries, and green beans.

I'm trying to figure out something fun and interesting to do with the green beans since we seem to be having them a lot lately.

kckgirl

« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
Tostadas with all the usual toppings tonight, triple yum!
Maryland

Buffy2424

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »

Sounds delicious!

Oh, I love goat cheese.  I made a Goat Cheese Rigatoni that I saw on a food blog once.  Very simple dish and we liked it a lot, however goat cheese is expensive [for me] to make regularly.  Anyway, I mixed goat cheese with freshly grated parm cheese, and served mixed with rigatoni pasta, sliced black olives and sliced sun-dried tomatoes.  If it sounds dubious, I get that, but it was a refreshing meal.

Tonight we are actually having grilled cheese :)  Hey, monday night is sandwich night this summer.  Grilled extra-sharp cheddar with tomato and basil.  We also have leftover cold pasta salad in the fridge to go with it and I have one slice of blueberry pie left. 

Tomorrow I am making chicken parmesan, either with linguine or with garlic-y green beans. 

ch1pch0p, I make green beans a lot too, at least lately ... I could use some more things to do with them.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »

Sounds delicious!

Oh, I love goat cheese.  I made a Goat Cheese Rigatoni that I saw on a food blog once.  Very simple dish and we liked it a lot, however goat cheese is expensive [for me] to make regularly.  Anyway, I mixed goat cheese with freshly grated parm cheese, and served mixed with rigatoni pasta, sliced black olives and sliced sun-dried tomatoes.  If it sounds dubious, I get that, but it was a refreshing meal.

goat cheese, apples, pasta and greens sounded dubious until I tried it. :P
Wherever you go.... there you are.

kckgirl

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
Tonight we are actually having grilled cheese :)  Hey, monday night is sandwich night this summer.  Grilled extra-sharp cheddar with tomato and basil.

That ain't my mama's grilled cheese! Sounds really good.
Maryland

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »
Hamburgers (with lots of 'stuff' in them) on onion rolls, French fries, and green beans.

I'm trying to figure out something fun and interesting to do with the green beans since we seem to be having them a lot lately.

I LOVE green beans... my favs...

Teriyaki green beans
Green beans with tossed almond slivers.
Spricy green beans
Schezuan green beans
Green beans with thai peanut sauce
green beans, carrots, onions in a pouch on the grill
green beans with pearl onions

I could go on forever :)