Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 460535 times)

StaciNadia

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2008, 12:01:54 AM »
A coworker of Red's (and a friend of both of us!) and her friend came over today, so I got to hostess!  I made Pizza Pasta (my first original recipe), Texas toast, and an Oreo no-bake for dessert!  Yum!

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »
We went to the diner yesterday and I had a huuge gyro platter with a greek salad and fries. It was so hot that I wasn't that hungry so I ate the salad and some fries and now I have most of the gyro for lunch today.

Tonight BF is making one of our favorite light dinners - Chicken Salad

Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into chunks and marinated in teryiaki sauce, then grilled on the griddle
Bag O Salad
Goat Cheese
Craisins
Diced apple (sometimes he grills this too yummm)
Fat Free Cranberry Dressing

I think we'll have garlic bread with it.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »
leftovers!!

leftover quinoa with sauteed vegetables (red onion, mushroom) in soy/lemon sauce.
leftover squash in lemon sauce (i love lemon!)
leftover tomato-cilantro relish
leftover cheese cake.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
We're having baked potatoes with pork chops and veggies.
I made a lemon meringue pie for dessert.
It turned out rather well, I'm very proud of myself!

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »
It's game night, so cheap red wine, chips & dip.  Woohoo!

kckgirl

« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »
Burgers (with yummies mixed in) and chips. It's HOT here!
Maryland

Flannery

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
It is extremely hot inside our apartment and there are no groceries. SO is dining with a client. I must feed myself, but I lack the energy to make a decision.

I feel like this will end with me gnawing on my arm or ordering Chinese, neither of which sounds particularly appealing right now.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
I just don't know tonight. I had to go in and cover for a sick staffer in the middle of the afternoon, and we just got home. I'm not sure what I'll make, but I'd better whip something up pretty quickly.

StaciNadia

« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Red's coworker is coming over again (she's one of our few local friends, so we love having her over!), so Red ordered out for Pizza Hut!  Pepperoni pizza for me, and I also snagged the last of the Oreo no-bake from last night!  ;)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »
Here's what I wound up doing -

I made little open-faced broiled sandwiches using buttered dinner rolls, leftover country-style rib mean cut into thin slices, and thinly sliced cheese. I served them with some pasta salad I had in the fridge. Mr. F happily ate several. :)

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »
Tonight was grilled chicken over salad.  Thank goodness the chicken was cooked ahead of time, because the storms hit us hard tonight!

Flannery

« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
I have opted for arm-gnawing after all. No delivery-person should be out in the storm we're having.

NOVA Lady

• Super Hero!
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »
We ended up going out to our favorite sushi place and split a spicy roll platter...yuuuuum.

I abolsutley LOVE this place, its always so good and easy on the wallet! We have an 18 piece roll combo, 4 piece sushi (ebi aka shrimp) 2 soups and 2 salads, a glass of wine, a beer for 35 bucks. Mmmm sushi.

lovinAZ

« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2008, 10:25:41 PM »
DH and I are both teachers and are off for the next 6 weeks, so we're trying out lots and lots of new (vegetarian) recipes so we know how hard they are and how tasty they are for when we're cooking while both working.

Last night: steamed green beans in miso-soy-ginger sauce in lettuce wraps.  (highly tasty, easy to make)

Tonight: stuffed tomatoes (stuffing: jasmine rice, garlic, mozzarella cheese, tomato guts, salt, pepper)  (also HT,ETM)

Tomorrow night: crispy Korean pancakes with some kind of sauce (don't remember)

(These are all from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman if you're looking for some incredibly tasty vegetarian food, buy this book.  Everything we've had from it so far (more than just this week) has been somewhere between really good and amazing.)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »
Last night: Sesame Crusted Chicken Tenders and rice.  Tenders were okay...DH said he wasn't crazy about the sesame seeds, but liked the dijon mustard I used to stick the seeds on the chicken.  I liked the sesame seeds, but wasn't crazy about the mustard.  Probably will not be made again.

Tonight: was going to make a crockpot meal, but forgot to thaw meat last night.  We'll be having french dip sandwiches instead.

Tomorrow: chicken tortellini soup.  I found the recipe online, and it looks super good.  It also appears to make a TON of food, so I've invited two friends over to share.  I'll serve crescent rolls with it, with Oreos for desert.  Yummm