Author Topic: Taking an "Interesting Assumption" to a Rude New Level  (Read 6479 times)

caranfin

• Super Hero!
  • I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
Re: Taking an "Interesting Assumption" to a Rude New Level
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50:41 AM »
I have to say, I can't think of a single good reason for this couple to have gone to the press about this.

I might, if I'd gone to the police and they ignored my concerns. The article doesn't specifically say whether the phone numbers provided were to homes or to agencies, but that seems borderline legal at best.

Gone to the police? What did this couple do that was illegal?
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways.

amaiaisabella

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 01:06:05 PM »
Creeeeepy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that constitute harassment under the law? Maybe not, if they just hand the card out, but still...

Why do you think handing someone a card letting them know that they're looking for a baby to adopt is "harrassment"?

I find advertising flyers stuck on my windshield all the time, inviting me, say, to have my ductwork cleaned, or to attend a strip club. Is THAT "harrassment" in your eyes?

I did say maybe not, since they just handed out the card. Please review my post.

However, in the cases you've mentioned, if I find something stuck to my windshield, no I don't consider that harassment. If someone placed it on my car after I told them not to, yes I would consider it harassment.

In this case, it sounds like they quietly handed the card to her. IMO, that is creepy, but does not constitute harassment unless they shoved the card at her and made her take it.

Shea

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »
Creeeeepy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that constitute harassment under the law? Maybe not, if they just hand the card out, but still...

Why do you think handing someone a card letting them know that they're looking for a baby to adopt is "harrassment"?

I find advertising flyers stuck on my windshield all the time, inviting me, say, to have my ductwork cleaned, or to attend a strip club. Is THAT "harrassment" in your eyes?

I did say maybe not, since they just handed out the card. Please review my post.

However, in the cases you've mentioned, if I find something stuck to my windshield, no I don't consider that harassment. If someone placed it on my car after I told them not to, yes I would consider it harassment.

In this case, it sounds like they quietly handed the card to her. IMO, that is creepy, but does not constitute harassment unless they shoved the card at her and made her take it.

They just left the card with her tip. Desperate yes, harassment no.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

amaiaisabella

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 03:44:44 PM »
Creeeeepy.

They just left the card with her tip. Desperate yes, harassment no.

That's why I asked if it was harassment. Since they just left the card and didn't approach her about it, then it isn't.