Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Party at our house last night...

(1/4) > >>

Brentwood:
And someone brought me the pretzels with the melted Rolo in the center. Delicious!

We have a ton of food left over. We received several bottles of wine as gifts, as well as many different confections from Harry & David.
I have leftover ham on the stove right now making broth for soup.

The party was for the marketing department at my husband's company, and we all had a terrific time.

Clara Bow:
You can send any leftover Harry and David my way, I'll take unused wine as well.
Glad everything went so well! There's nothing better than a good party!

fklwmn:

--- Quote from: Auntie Venom on December 11, 2006, 11:10:46 AM ---You can send any leftover Harry and David my way, I'll take unused wine as well.
Glad everything went so well! There's nothing better than a good party!

--- End quote ---

OT, but:

I only recently discovered Harry and David, and in the last month I have spent over $75 there!!! I love them (and their samples!). For the extended family this year I bought everyone a specialty pancake mix and put it in a pretty mixing bowl from the dollar tree, topped it with a pancake spatula, and tied it all up pretty with ribbon and Christmas tissue paper. Now I want to join all the relatives for breakfast when they decide to make the pancakes. I have LOVED every one I have tried so far.

I still want to know why their pears are $4 each... but not enough to pay $4 to try one!

thebadchemist:

--- Quote from: fklwmn on December 11, 2006, 12:17:31 PM ---I still want to know why their pears are $4 each... but not enough to pay $4 to try one!
--- End quote ---

Those pears are INSANE. The store I went to was giving slices out as samples. They literally (and I'm using "literally" correctly) melt in your mouth and the flavor is divine. It's pretty much an experience worth having once... however, I do find it hard to shell out $30 for a box of them. Especially when my mother, the queen of good deals, buys crates of delicious pears from the local Chinese supermarket for less than $10. They're not the same variety, of course, but they're still fabulous and make it hard to justify buying any pear at $4 apiece.  ;)

If you haven't tried H&D's Chocolate Peanut Butter Maltballs, please do! They're incredible! Also, the Pepper Onion Relish is a great dip when mixed with a cream cheese.

I also just checked the H&D website... apparently the pears have gone down in price. They used to be $35 a box and now they're $27.95 and two boxes are $41.92. They might be worth a shot.

fklwmn:

--- Quote from: thebadchemist on December 11, 2006, 03:03:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: fklwmn on December 11, 2006, 12:17:31 PM ---I still want to know why their pears are $4 each... but not enough to pay $4 to try one!
--- End quote ---

Those pears are INSANE. The store I went to was giving slices out as samples. They literally (and I'm using "literally" correctly) melt in your mouth and the flavor is divine. It's pretty much an experience worth having once... however, I do find it hard to shell out $30 for a box of them. Especially when my mother, the queen of good deals, buys crates of delicious pears from the local Chinese supermarket for less than $10. They're not the same variety, of course, but they're still fabulous and make it hard to justify buying any pear at $4 apiece.  ;)

If you haven't tried H&D's Chocolate Peanut Butter Maltballs, please do! They're incredible! Also, the Pepper Onion Relish is a great dip when mixed with a cream cheese.

I also just checked the H&D website... apparently the pears have gone down in price. They used to be $35 a box and now they're $27.95 and two boxes are $41.92. They might be worth a shot.

--- End quote ---

I think The Marine bought that dip when we went to H&D last weekend! or, more precisely, I bought it for him, lol. we tasted it in a sample and it was SO GOOD! I love theri dark chocolate truffles.... yummmm!!! And I keep hoping I'll be there when they are handing out pear samples so I can try them. I wonder if they'd cut one up for samples if we asked? it looked to me like they were just taking packages off of shelves to open for samples the last time I was there.

I am the pickiest eater of all time, and thus far I have fung NOTHING @ H&D that I did not LOVE!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version