Author Topic: Cheater Bruschetta Dip  (Read 1116 times)

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
Cheater Bruschetta Dip
« on: May 29, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
All of this is done "to taste" and can easily be manipulated to suit your own preferences.

Tomato salsa (I like the really fresh stuff my grocery's deli makes)
Olive Oil (EVOO works, but what you have should be fine.  Don't worry about getting the "really good" stuff)
Garlic Salt and Pepper OR steak seasoning in a grinder (lately, I've liked Weber Grill's Chicago Steak blend)

Mix and serve.  I usually have 1 cup of salsa to 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I "eyeball" it).  Pairs well with corn chips, pita chips, toast, stale french bread, etc.  I suspect it would be good with fresh mozzarella too.

Perfect for when you want something fresh and tomato-y, but plain salsa won't cut it.  No need to prepare anything in advance, heat anything, or refrigerate overnight.  All you need is a container & spoon.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:51:00 PM by HeebyJeebyLeebee »
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

KaraokeMom

Re: Cheater Bruschetta Dip
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 01:40:04 AM »
I do something similar as an appetizer in the summer when I don't want to heat up the house cooking.

I combine all your ingredients, and add some small cubed mozzarella. It's best if it can be refrigerated for a couple hours to let the flavors mix.

I then serve it with a spoon for people to drop onto garlic toasts.

Yummy, and so good on a hot day...