Author Topic: Yeah, they do other things here too...  (Read 2974 times)

MissBrit

Yeah, they do other things here too...
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »
A friend of mine went to a Planned Parenthood for her annual women's exam. She had noticed a bunch of people across the street protesting said Planned Parenthood but didn't think much of it because it's a free country and they can do what they want. As she was leaving one of the protesters approaches her at her car and they have the following conversation:

P= protester
F= friend

P: Please don't kill your baby. Jesus loves your baby even if you don't.
F: Um... I had a pap smear.
P: Uh...but...um...
F: (casually) Yeah, they do other things here too.

The protester left her alone after that.

I do not want a abortion debate here. This story is just in "interesting assumption" and nothing else. Thank you.

kristenw

Re: Yeah, they do other things here too...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
I had my tubes tied at PP. There were protesters there too.

Phoebe

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »
Trust me, the protesters know PP does other things, too.  Most clients who are pregnant won't admit it and they lie about why they're there.  Another assumption, yes, but don't make the assumption that the protesters are ignorant of PP.  That'd also be an "interesting assumption."

kristenw

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 05:48:35 PM »
Trust me, the protesters know PP does other things, too.  Most clients who are pregnant won't admit it and they lie about why they're there.  Another assumption, yes, but don't make the assumption that the protesters are ignorant of PP.  That'd also be an "interesting assumption."

That protestor must have been ignorant to go up to a stranger and try to force their views. Besides, it's no one elses business why a client is there, pregnant or not, so not telling someone why you are there is not lying - a "it's none of your business, get out of my face" would have been a more appropriate response.

Phoebe

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

That protestor must have been ignorant to go up to a stranger and try to force their views. Besides, it's no one elses business why a client is there, pregnant or not, so not telling someone why you are there is not lying - a "it's none of your business, get out of my face" would have been a more appropriate response.

What an interesting assumption! 

My response was based solely on making/not making interesting assumptions, not whether or not they should be approaching people.  The OP stated she wasn't trying to stimulate an abortion debate.