Author Topic: I really need advice...??  (Read 3130 times)

milosparront

I really need advice...??
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:21:30 PM »
I work in a Health Office for a High School as secretary to the Nurse.

This isn't the first time this type of situation has happened...

Anywho......

I was bent over looking up an emergency card for a student when my nurse grabbed by skirt and ask me .........  "DID YOU PEE ON YOUR SELF?!".....  "OH IT WAS JUST A SHADOW!!" 

YES in front of students.  Even though Nurse thought she was whipsering to me.....  It was rather theatrical and completely obvious. 

:o   :o   :o

I honestly was too flabbergasted to say anything and just pretended that comment didn't come out of her mouth.

The question is......  Should I mention this to my Vice Principal or keep mum (There are only two weeks left in the school year)..... Honestly I don't know what to do.....  She is the kind of person who wouldn't even remembering saying such a thing....  HELP!!?? 

rashea

• Super Hero!
Re: I really need advice...??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »
Ideally you would have called her on it right then. "Did you just ask me that? And please keep your hands to yourself."

Since you mention that this has happened before, I think you should talk to the nurse. Tell her that in the future, she needs to not be touching you, and she needs to not ask embarrassing questions. Have you ever seen her do this to someone else? If so, I think a quick chat with the vice-principal isn't a bad idea, especially if you plan to work there next summer.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

JettaKeiran

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:58:19 PM »
Allow me to express shock and awe that anyone who had enough brains to finish a nursing degree would ask a question like that. And I agree that if situations such as this have happened before then you should take it up with her. It's not only embarrassing to you but to herself which I'm sure she doesn't even realize. If it becomes more of an issue then she could be considered an embarrassment to the school and you should speak with your VP about it.

milosparront

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
I did end up speaking to my VP about it.  He was as shocked as I was.  Anyway it's one of those situations if it happenes again I am to bring it to the Nurse's attention AND the VP's as soon as it happens. 

Thanks for the responses!!

Milosparront

Minmom3

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
I did end up speaking to my VP about it.  He was as shocked as I was.  Anyway it's one of those situations if it happenes again I am to bring it to the Nurse's attention AND the VP's as soon as it happens. 

Thanks for the responses!!

Milosparront

A tactic I might be tempted to try, given enough irritation at her, would be to call her on it, then and there.  And do it in a big syrupy voice, not a lost temper voice.  "Did you ask me if I WET myself?  You didn't SAY THAT, did you?  What would possess you to SAY such a thing to an adult? Do I LOOK like one of the little kids running around here?  (No mention of the fact that it's an awfully disrespectful way to speak to ANYBODY..)  I canNOT believe you SAID that!  UNbelievable!  And so on and so on ad nauseum.  I pretty much guarantee she'll get embarrassed by it all.  Which would be no bad thing, in my personal opinion.  People with the lack-of-couth to say such a thing SHOULD get embarrassed.   >:(
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »
What on earth is this nurse like with patients:o
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

milosparront

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »
What on earth is this nurse like with patients:o

She is a High School Nurse!!   :o