News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 02:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Second wedding'  (Read 12944 times)

StuckInCube

Re: 'Second wedding'
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 09:53:41 AM »
Just coming out of lurkdom to give my 2 cents...unless it's up to the individual counties in OH, it is not necessary to get blood tests anymore.

/quote]

That's what I thought. I looked at a couple sites and it said OH doesn't require blood tests anymore. At least that's one less thing to worry about!

Amy Rose

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
Yeah, I finally got around to looking it up, and that's what I found. My book was outdated, sorry.

tendereyes

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 03:12:28 PM »

I took a business law class last year, and I seem to remember that OH required blood tests. I'll look it up though, because the textbook might have been out of date. :)

May I ask what is the name of the textbook you were required to use? Friend of my takes business law and she was curious too and was going to ask her husband whose a lawyer?

snowball's chance

• the poster formerly known as mm250
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »

I took a business law class last year, and I seem to remember that OH required blood tests. I'll look it up though, because the textbook might have been out of date. :)

May I ask what is the name of the textbook you were required to use? Friend of my takes business law and she was curious too and was going to ask her husband whose a lawyer?

I was curious about that, as well . . . wouldn't matrimonial stuff fall under Family Law and instead of Business Law? 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:24:40 PM by mm250 »

Amy Rose

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »

It was a High School class- I'd have to go back to my old school to look at it. Sorry. :(

tendereyes

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »
*nod* It's interesting since that information isn't in business law textbooks; I just checked with my friend and she's going to ask her professor again; It's actually family law and even then...it's not usually mention since it was repealed about 30-40 years ago.

Source: Ohio Revised code: Title 31, Chapter 3101,http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/Table_Marriage.htm
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:45:44 PM by tendereyes »

tendereyes

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 12:53:23 PM »
No offense, but spoke with my friend; She called the law library up, and she was told that it's been 30 years since the blood test was repealed in Ohio and most definetely wouldn't be in any business law books, particularly if taught in high school, since if business law was taught in its most basic forms...it would generally be called Economics and cover running a business and the basics of economics...

Information regarding the OLD blood testing would be considered family law and even then,that is taught only in law schools; The library couldn't recall any high school teaching either business or family law and was  interested themselves in the name of this textbook since it would have to be printed in the 70's which makes it odd why would it be taught in a modern day high school since it will have no basis in today's ecomonical law, plus if a textbook like that is being used, my friend would love to hear more about it and could see about getting a copy on loan from the library since that would be interesting reference material to have on hand.

Amy Rose

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »
No offence taken. I said the book was wrong. I admitted I was wrong. I just can't go back to the hs right now to tell you the name of the offending, inaccurate book.

The textbook was entitled "Business Law", but had chapters on general law, including family law.

tendereyes

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »
No offence taken. I said the book was wrong. I admitted I was wrong. I just can't go back to the hs right now to tell you the name of the offending, inaccurate book.

The textbook was entitled "Business Law", but had chapters on general law, including family law.

Actually it wouldn't have general chapers on law or family law...Family law has nothing to do with business law and this is coming from a friend who called her professor and the law library.

No reason for you to suddenly seem defensive when honestly, my friend was interested in finding out on obtaining information herself, since this could prove helpful in the future...It seems odd that you seem a bit defensive.

She would just appreciate the help for future reference...

Amy Rose

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
And if I get a chance to go to my old school, I will certainly write down the information gladly.

I wasn't trying to sound defensive. I was just emphasizing that I admit that I was wrong, and that the book was wrong. I don't have experience with law classes outside of high school, so I wouldn't know if a "real" business law textbook would have information on general law or not. (It wasn't for people in law school though- there were little skits at the beginning of each chapter, and the first three chapters covered the definition of "Law", even though the title was "Business Law")

tendereyes

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »
And if I get a chance to go to my old school, I will certainly write down the information gladly.

I wasn't trying to sound defensive. I was just emphasizing that I admit that I was wrong, and that the book was wrong. I don't have experience with law classes outside of high school, so I wouldn't know if a "real" business law textbook would have information on general law or not. (It wasn't for people in law school though- there were little skits at the beginning of each chapter, and the first three chapters covered the definition of "Law", even though the title was "Business Law")

You said in earlier posts that it WAS a business law class and a businss law teacher would have known what they were teaching...even in a technical school.

[/quote]Quote from: Amy Rose on March 05, 2007, 07:08:19 PM

I took a business law class last year, and I seem to remember that OH required blood tests. I'll look it up though, because the textbook might have been out of date.
[/quote]

so obviously a business law class would use a business law textbook...even the law library is perplexed by this...A business law textbook wouldn't devote three chapters to just the definition of law...

It was then  said it had "chapters" about general law and family law..trouble is that these posts contradict each other and it seemed to bother you that my friend was hoping you could help her out because neither she nor a law library has never heard of a business class talking about family law....

Amy Rose

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
The class was entitled Business Law. I wasn't lying. It was a high school class, and the only "law" class offered. It was very introductory-level. I didn't see any contradiction because it was how it was, and I didn't have any previous exposure. How was I supposed to know that HS law classes don't typically have (apparently crappy) textbooks like that?

I don't think she was a business law teacher. The lady who taught it before retired and the school needed someone else, so they hired a new teacher.

tendereyes

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
Because it's rare to find a textbook still being used with 30 year old information, which is why my friend was intrigue in locating a copy for her to have for future reference; No one is accusing you of lying...it just  she has  an interest in that field and had hoped you can steer her in the right direction so if she couldn't, the law library can find it...

From what I understand...they are looking for that textbook or something of that like so she can use it as future reference..

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:31:55 PM by tendereyes »

Amy Rose

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »
Then I misread your earlier post. You will forgive me for not procuring it right away, as I do not own a copy, I hope. :)

tendereyes

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 01:39:25 PM »
Then I misread your earlier post. You will forgive me for not procuring it right away, as I do not own a copy, I hope. :)

That's an odd replay...with all respect. Why hope you would not own a copy?