Author Topic: Need Some Cleaning Suggestions  (Read 3429 times)

Virg

• Super Hero!
Re: Need Some Cleaning Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 04:42:19 PM »
I know I'm a fellow, but I do clean my house.  My suggestion for such an accident is oven cleaner.  Spray it on, put the whole thing somewhere where you don't have to smell it (heck, stick it in the oven, just don't turn it on!) and wait for the recommended time.  Then, take it out, wash it off, wipe it out, and put it away.  I do this a lot with the burner plates on my stove, and I did it with a skillet that fried "dry" and resisted every remedy I tried on it.

Virg

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 06:55:44 PM »
Go to Lowe's and buy a tube of Grease Bullets...as seen on tv. They should do the trick.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Arianoor

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
Go to Lowe's and buy a tube of Grease Bullets...as seen on tv. They should do the trick.

Grease Bullets?  Is it just me or does that sound completely disgusting?

(I'll have to tell my mother (a collector of vacuums), she LOVEs new cleaning supplies!)

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »
First, take your daughter by the hand, set her down in front of the dirty pot. Pick out desired cleaning agent (as suggested in this thread) and have daughter get to work!

I don't see why you should be the one using up all of your elbow grease when she's the one who did it. ;)

Utah

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:45:36 PM »
First, take your daughter by the hand, set her down in front of the dirty pot. Pick out desired cleaning agent (as suggested in this thread) and have daughter get to work!

I don't see why you should be the one using up all of your elbow grease when she's the one who did it. ;)

HUGE POD on this!  Combine this with the gift of the timer I made earlier, and you're all set.

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »

The biggest advantage to this being that once she's had to clean up the mess, she's unlikely to let it happen again.        
Never mind how I know this. 8)
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »
The biggest advantage to this being that once she's had to clean up the mess, she's unlikely to let it happen again.       
Never mind how I know this. 8)

*ahem* Yes, it's a hard lesson to learn, isn't it? Never mind how *I* know this. :D
Utah