Author Topic: New To EH--Online Friend Introduced Me B/C I Have A Question  (Read 5746 times)

RUstudent

Re: New To EH--Online Friend Introduced Me B/C I Have A Question
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 02:21:25 AM »
RUStudent, while you may believe that business is an evil word, and everyone should be sharing everything they have to everybody else

Ahem, just because I believe the system needs to change doesn't mean you should assume you know exactly what I believe.  :P

At any rate, I would, as soon as your friend mentions getting a job again, say that this is a good thing, since she will then be able to afford the rent she will need to pay when (here you assume a tone of voice that it's obvious) she moves on from your room.

1) She's already moved out, so problem solved. :)

2) What rent would she have to pay? She sure as hell wouldn't need to pay me, and just giving money to the school isn't how it works.

penguinpants

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »
Glad that everything worked out -- must be quite the relief!
Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable. -- Jane Austen

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 08:54:15 AM »
2) What rent would she have to pay? She sure as hell wouldn't need to pay me, and just giving money to the school isn't how it works.

I meant the rent that she would have to pay to get her own place.

Glad your problem is solved, in any event.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »

1) She's already moved out, so problem solved. :)

So how did all this play out? 

RUstudent

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »

I meant the rent that she would have to pay to get her own place.

Oh yeah...well I wouldn't expect her to do that either. I go to school in New Jersey, and I'm from NY.

1) It isn't that easy to find a place to live in this area, and prices are ridiculous (I don't know where you're from  ??? ). So generally, what college students around here do is share a place with about 3 or 4 other friends. Even if she were to find a place, it's the summer. Most of our friends aren't around. Who would she live with? She couldn't afford a place by herself.  :-\

2) For her to actually get the place (assuming she found something available) she has to have at least some money already...which she doesn't....which is why she's getting a job so she can, once she gets paid, have some.