Author Topic: I used it...and used it....and used it! (very long)  (Read 35837 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: I used it...and used it....and used it! (very long)
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2008, 10:00:12 PM »
<<<<John-I don't find women as small as you attractive at all. <<<<

My response to THAT would be "that is very reassuring'!!

Evil VorFemme said "and I don't find men as small as you attractive at all"..............I couldn't tell if she was trying to look at his brain or somewhere lower - perhaps his wallet............?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Hanna

• Super Hero!
    • RumorsAboutMe
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
<<<<John-I don't find women as small as you attractive at all. <<<<

Oh, how very very sad for me.
*sniffle

tdev

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
At this point, why don't you turn this into a drinking game?  For every thinly-veiled insult, shout out the count - "There's one!" - and chug back your drink.   8)

Felica

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2008, 05:41:08 PM »
Well, they weren't at this past meeting so we've missed each other the last two meetings. I'll update the next time I'm around them though.

MineralDiva

• "Diva"
  • "I shall plant my feet and let them have it!"
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »
Well, they weren't at this past meeting so we've missed each other the last two meetings. I'll update the next time I'm around them though.

Aaack!  Don't they realize how rude it is to keep the E-Hellions from reading juicy updates of their shenanegans with you?  Yeesh! LOL

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
I think someone is very insecure. Or his wife is.

And he is trying to show her that he does not find Felica attractive at all.

Not a very good way to go about it. Just because a man is polite or nice to a woman does not mean that he is attracted to her.

What a moron!

Ginger
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

MissAusten

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
I just found this site and yours was one of the first threads I read. Here's what you should do: Every time the guy makes a comment comparing you to his wife, sweetly say, without a trace of sarcasm: "You're so lucky Joan married you". After five or six times he'll get the picture, and so will everyone else. You meanwhile will remain a perfect picture of composure.  >:D

HonorH

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »
Honestly?  By this point, I'd start finding it hilarious.  I mean, it's so incredibly silly for him to do stuff like that.  Definitely turn it into a private joke with friends.  If he says it while your husband's out of earshot, just wait for him to get back.  Then immediately tell hubby, in front of everyone, "You won't believe what John just said--he thinks I'm anorexic!"  I'd guess that after getting laughed at enough, this guy will get the hint.  Or not, in which case, hey, more funny for you.
William wondered why he always disliked people who said "no offense meant." Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offense meant" than actually to refrain from giving offense.

--Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Minmom3

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2008, 10:40:18 PM »
I just found this site and yours was one of the first threads I read. Here's what you should do: Every time the guy makes a comment comparing you to his wife, sweetly say, without a trace of sarcasm: "You're so lucky Joan married you". After five or six times he'll get the picture, and so will everyone else. You meanwhile will remain a perfect picture of composure.  >:D

Or, "I'm so glad Joan married you..."
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Miss Unleaded

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »
I'm curious about whether you have met up with this person since and had any success with these suggestions?

Keres

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
I had a guy behave similarly.  He made the snarky comment about crafting stuff.  So I handed his wife the bead loom and said 'show me' in a tone like I was ready to learn from a master.  In front of a group of people who also turned to give his wife their undivided attention.

I don't know what she said to him after having been put on the spot like that, but he never did it again.

pinkunicorn

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2008, 06:52:53 PM »
OOOH...Love that one! ;D

Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out!

Felica

« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2008, 07:12:44 PM »
I've seen him twice. Both times, Dh stayed close so he didn't have much of an opportunity to insult me. (he won't do it when Dh is near and since I told Dh about what was going on, he doesn't want to leave me alone near John).

punkinhead

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »
Can your DH "leave" but then hang around or come back out of John's line of sight?  I'd love to be a fly on the wall when John realizes your DH heard what he said!  DH wouldn't have to say anything ... just give John the patented icy glare of death.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »
 :o

John: I don't like girls as thin as you Felicia.

Felicia:  How funny, John!  I was just thinking how grateful I am that my dh isn't a f&*%#@g p*%c insecure boor like you are!  How lucky we both are....

(Stuffing evil Jo back in her crate...)

Seriously tho' - I don't know how you kept it together.  My honest to goodness reaction isn't printable here in e-hell.  I would have indeed called him out on the carpet, in front of the entire group.  I would have embarassed and humiliated him by pointing out his childish and immature behavior and i would have admonished his wimpy tight lipped wife for sitting there like a lump smiling the entire time as if she doesn't have a thought in her head or a shred of common decency and/or manners.  Then I would have thanked the rest of the group for a lovely evening, bid them farewell until the next get together, and would have exited the room with a flourish.

And I know we have all praised you for keeping your composure, but I hope that you do know that *no one* needs to tolerate being treated like that.  I would siomply not go to whatever this function is anymore.  Life is too short to spend it with people like that.

If none of that is possible - I say got the Bless your heart route.

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~