Etiquette School is in session! > "Have you tried the bean dip?"

I also bean dipped my mom

(1/5) > >>

hope:
Not to steal the other thread.....

This weekend my sisters and I were discussing something all of us noticed:  my widowed mom, who no longer drives, will ask her daughters for "day trips" for her birthday or mothers day.  My 2 brothers and SILs will not be asked.  Never.  She takes what they give.  This might be due in part that with both of them she got off on the wrong foot but that was a long time ago and they both have told me how much they like my mom.

Anyway, her birthday is coming up and she wants to see an exhibit at hour-away-from-home museum.  My response "Did you ask brother A or B?"  Her response "Oh no.  They are so busy and it is more of a girl thing."  ::)  We are shopping for her groceries (something my brothers do not take her to do) and she mentions it again and I say "Did you see your favorite brand of bread is on sale?"  Distracts her but then as we are on the ride back to her house she mentions it again and I say "So what are you going to make for dinner tonight?"

I love bean dip  ;D

jais:
I don't know that this is an appropriate use of bean dip. Unless my mom wanted me to fly her somewhere, I'd make accomadations because she's my mom..........

CG:

--- Quote from: jais on July 03, 2008, 03:19:26 PM ---I don't know that this is an appropriate use of bean dip. Unless my mom wanted me to fly her somewhere, I'd make accomadations because she's my mom..........

--- End quote ---

Right, she only wants her daughter to take her to an exhibit that's an hour away each way, couldn't possibly ask anyone else because they're all busy, but Hope, of course, has nothing else to do, and WON'T DROP IT. I'd say that's a perfect place for bean dip.

jais:

--- Quote from: CG on July 03, 2008, 03:21:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: jais on July 03, 2008, 03:19:26 PM ---I don't know that this is an appropriate use of bean dip. Unless my mom wanted me to fly her somewhere, I'd make accomadations because she's my mom..........

--- End quote ---

Right, she only wants her daughter to take her to an exhibit that's an hour away each way, couldn't possibly ask anyone else because they're all busy, but Hope, of course, has nothing else to do, and WON'T DROP IT. I'd say that's a perfect place for bean dip.

--- End quote ---

I really think it's 50/50.  In my world, an hour is NOT that much and mom is mom....

CG:

--- Quote from: jais on July 03, 2008, 03:22:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: CG on July 03, 2008, 03:21:27 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I really think it's 50/50.  In my world, an hour is NOT that much and mom is mom....

--- End quote ---

Not "one hour". One hour each way, plus the time spent at the exhibit. This would probably take the whole day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version