Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

When threads get locked....

<< < (2/26) > >>

Julep:
Count me as curious too. The mod's comment was stern, and in an off-topic forum, I was surprised to see it locked.

Elle:
If it was the OJ simpson one, I see how that one could have gotten heated and out of hand in short order.

hot_shaker:

--- Quote from: Elle on October 06, 2008, 03:04:42 PM ---If it was the OJ simpson one, I see how that one could have gotten heated and out of hand in short order.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, just looking at the few comments, that thread seemed like it was headed for trouble.  Actually when I saw it this morning, I wondered when it would be locked.

caroljones:

--- Quote from: Elle on October 06, 2008, 03:04:42 PM ---If it was the OJ simpson one, I see how that one could have gotten heated and out of hand in short order.

--- End quote ---

My curiosity stemmed from the comment by the mod that it had nothing to do with etiquette. There wasn't any mention about it being heated or inappropriate content. That's all I was wondering about.

sparksals:
The old forum used to have a 'Boiler Room' Folder for vents.  However, Miss Jeanne decided it was unproductive and the rants became over the top that spilled into other threads.  That is why vents aren't allowed here and there has to be a relation to etiquette for the thread not to be locked.  There also used to be a folder that notified if someone was gagged/banned and a brief reason why.  That folder was removed, can't remember the reason why.

As for locked topics, I agree that a post by the mod before locking it would be helpful.  I've been here a loooong time and sometimes I am genuinely perplexed as to why a thread is locked. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version