Author Topic: When threads get locked....  (Read 60210 times)

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
Re: When threads get locked....
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »
I like (good) meatloaf and sauerkraut - just not baked together in one pan.  Blech :P

Gad, and I thought I was weird using oatmeal in meatloaf (instead of breadcrumbs).

The worst part was that she ambushed us with it.  We came over for dinner, she said we were having meatloaf.  I like meatloaf, BF likes meatloaf, we were both hungry...  then, just before she serves it, she says "oh, I tried something a little different..."  :(

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »
I actually prefer oatmeal in meatloaf, but then that is the way my mom made it.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »
I haven't read this entire thread, because I noticed that it was started in 2009, many years old.

I would like to request that when a thread gets locked the offending person is allowed one post in order to apologize or gently explain the reason for the offending post.

I recently had a thread locked where it was explained "OP was looking for offense when none was intended"

Looking back, yes, I was pretty harsh with my post.

I would like to have the opportunity to apologize for my offending post.

Any chance of this happening?

SiotehCat

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2013, 03:25:12 PM »
I haven't read this entire thread, because I noticed that it was started in 2009, many years old.

I would like to request that when a thread gets locked the offending person is allowed one post in order to apologize or gently explain the reason for the offending post.

I recently had a thread locked where it was explained "OP was looking for offense when none was intended"

Looking back, yes, I was pretty harsh with my post.

I would like to have the opportunity to apologize for my offending post.

Any chance of this happening?

Jpcher, maybe you could just private message the other poster?

I think allowing the OP one more post after its already been locked is unnecessary. Those who want to apologize could easily do it through PM.

zainabzks

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
My first post on this forum got moderated. I sincerely apologized to the dame and all was well. :) The Dame even told me why I was moderated (political issue).
I've been a member for many years now (9+ but who's counting).

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »
It's really not practical on all sorts of levels and for many reasons. Suffice it to say it wouldn't work. There's no reason to send a PM to someone if you think that would ease your conscience.

ETA: It's not conscious, although perhaps I wasn't completely..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:59:24 PM by cass2591 »
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.