Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

S/O Locked topic - can we see why?

<< < (2/19) > >>

wellisawstar:

--- Quote from: rashea on July 14, 2008, 09:05:03 AM ---There have actually been several threads to this effect recently.

As for the reason, I suspect most of the threads are locked because they discussed politics (I've seen a few of those) or were not etiquette related.

--- End quote ---

I also have seen a few threads where EHellions had been bringing information in from other threads that eroded the topic pretty fast.

I agree that I find it helpful when mods post a one-liner before closing, even if it is as simple as "this topic is inappropriate to discuss in this forum."

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath:
From what I have seen, a few of the topics were acually a vent in descize [sp], and  I think the front page says no venting allowed.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath:
And then of course there is the telemarketers threads, which have been 'done to death'  and nearly always end in TM bashing, which is uncalled for  in an etiquette Forum

penelope2017:
Yes - I understand the politics issue.

A one liner at the time of locking would help newer people understand what not to do. and others understand what went wrong.

wendelenn:

--- Quote from: penelope2017 on July 09, 2008, 02:22:58 PM ---I was actually going to just post and ask if there was any way we could get a one sentence reason why a topic was locked as the last post before locking it. It is helpful for those newer, even if we are not an original poster, to see why someone's topic was locked. Sometimes it is obvious (if it is long and heated) and sometimes there's a closing post explaining - but a few the last week or so are just locked with no explanation. If everyone sees why it might help to prevent the same thing in the future?

Sometimes things that are obvious to one person aren't to another.

Just a suggestion. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  I was just looking at the "let her shave her legs" thread which seemed to be progressing in a relatively civilized and interesting fashion, and it was just locked--I have no clue why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version