Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

S/O Locked topic - can we see why?

<< < (14/19) > >>

Schmoopie3928:
You two are cracking me up! I rarely report threads, I have been given a talking to on my threads before and I have had the mods come to my defense before locking threads. Sometimes I am also curious as to why a thread is locked, but if I can't figure it out I usually shrug and move on.  I appreciate the mods especially because they keep the forum troll-free and civil. That's why I stay here when I have left so many others.

I sound like a dork. I think I need a nap. :p

pierrotlunaire0:

--- Quote from: DigitalPumpkin46 on April 15, 2011, 04:07:42 PM ---DottyG - hehe, it totally could be! ;p

I actually said that because I feel like I go through reporting "cycles." For example, I dont report anything for like 8 months, and then all of a sudden there's like 5 threads in a span of three weeks I feel are objectionable or have been locked before, or a mod needs to know about, etc.   I wonder sometimes... ;)

--- End quote ---

Boy, is that me.  There was one time, I realized that it was my xth report in a short period of time, and I could just see the mods saying amongst themselves, "Okay, it must be that time of year for Pierrot!  There she goes again!"

The TARDIS:
Oh dear, I copy/pasted what I wrote in an email while telling a friend about my toothache, and silly me I forgot to remove the question about home remedies to tide me over until I can see my dentist. I tried to access the locked topic and clicked the "remove" button only to get a message stating moderators have to do that.

I wasn't thinking clearly and I didn't realize it until I went back and saw it locked. I feel foolish now and I apologize. Please feel free to delete that entire topic if it is problematic.

RebeccainGA:
I had a topic locked, too - a bit baffled, as it seemed to be going well, but perhaps the mod thought the question had been answered. Also got another really snarky answer from someone who is usually reasonable, and has been on here forever - beginning to get a complex about them.

Lynn2000:

--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on February 14, 2013, 11:34:48 AM ---I had a topic locked, too - a bit baffled, as it seemed to be going well, but perhaps the mod thought the question had been answered. Also got another really snarky answer from someone who is usually reasonable, and has been on here forever - beginning to get a complex about them.

--- End quote ---

I've noticed the mods have been locking topics a lot lately if it seems that the etiquette question has been answered, and the discussion is now going around and around about small details. So that could indeed be the reason. I don't have a problem with it myself, though I do like it when a mod posts something in the thread about their reasoning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version