Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

S/O Locked topic - can we see why?

<< < (15/19) > >>

RebeccainGA:

--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on February 14, 2013, 01:21:34 PM ---I've noticed the mods have been locking topics a lot lately if it seems that the etiquette question has been answered, and the discussion is now going around and around about small details. So that could indeed be the reason. I don't have a problem with it myself, though I do like it when a mod posts something in the thread about their reasoning.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. A quick 'question answered, move along, nothing to see here' would make it clear that it was ended before it devolved into ugliness and not because something had already been done inappropriately. But hey - the mods keep the place fairly positive and it's appreciated, so if they don't have time to do that, so be it.

thedudeabides:

--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on February 14, 2013, 11:34:48 AM ---I had a topic locked, too - a bit baffled, as it seemed to be going well, but perhaps the mod thought the question had been answered. Also got another really snarky answer from someone who is usually reasonable, and has been on here forever - beginning to get a complex about them.

--- End quote ---

Why not just ask them about it instead of posting here in a vague way?

Erich L-ster:
For a while there the locked threads were being ended with a post giving the reason but the past few I've seen are just locked out of the blue with no explanation and no obvious reason. Example: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=126207.30

Please go back to posting the reason. It just makes things better to tell us why so that the problem can be fixed in future threads.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Erich L-ster on March 28, 2013, 03:42:04 PM ---For a while there the locked threads were being ended with a post giving the reason but the past few I've seen are just locked out of the blue with no explanation and no obvious reason. Example: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=126207.30

Please go back to posting the reason. It just makes things better to tell us why so that the problem can be fixed in future threads.

--- End quote ---

Well, I think that one is probably because it's so tangled up with legal/discrimination issues and safety.

lowspark:
I think about this thread when a topic gets locked without explanation. And I gotta say, about 99% of the time, when that happens, it's fairly clear to me why it got locked. I agree that it's nice when the mod says why it's getting locked and they do most of the time I think. But really sometimes, it's just obvious. There are times when I'm following a thread and thinking, uh, oh... this is heading toward locking territory. So when it does get locked, it's not much of a surprise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version