Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

S/O Locked topic - can we see why?

<< < (19/23) > >>

Wordgeek:
Lillblu, see this post in this very thread: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=37207.msg2981632#msg2981632

The answer to your question is right there.

CNN:
A thread about instant justice in the coffee break folder was locked and I don't understand why. Could anyone please explain? Thank you.

VorFemme:

--- Quote from: CNN on March 18, 2015, 06:07:10 PM ---A thread about instant justice in the coffee break folder was locked and I don't understand why. Could anyone please explain? Thank you.

--- End quote ---

As I recall - someone brought up a news story about a family that bought dogs intending to sell the puppies and then went off on vacation without making arrangements for anyone to come in to care for the animals.  It was so far over the line for the subject that the thread was locked immediately.  Rudeness is acceptable - under most circumstances.  Animal cruelty and legal issues are not acceptable, as they are outside the arena of "etiquette".

cass2591:
Sure, although you and others might disagree with my reasoning. I mentioned I closed it because someone posted about starving dogs. I am a dog lover, like a lot of people here, and while that's instant justice for the family to lose their dogs, my fear is that it was likely instant sadness for those poor dogs who were probably euthanized. Now, of course I don't know if that was the outcome but IMO the owners would be slapped with a misdemeanor fine for animal cruelty and the dogs, well, I only suspect what happened.

So that's why.

Aunt4God:

--- Quote from: cass2591 on March 18, 2015, 06:20:48 PM ---Sure, although you and others might disagree with my reasoning. I mentioned I closed it because someone posted about starving dogs. I am a dog lover, like a lot of people here, and while that's instant justice for the family to lose their dogs, my fear is that it was likely instant sadness for those poor dogs who were probably euthanized. Now, of course I don't know if that was the outcome but IMO the owners would be slapped with a misdemeanor fine for animal cruelty and the dogs, well, I only suspect what happened.

So that's why.

--- End quote ---

Honestly wondering here, but why couldn't the offensive post be deleted and the thread left open?  It has been done before on other long running threads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version