News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 25, 2016, 10:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .  (Read 12779 times)

Chicki

Re: Hurt and embarrassed over an assumption
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 02:20:14 PM »
Good for you Kitty!!!!

I'm also irritated that they told you that your services wouldn't be required while your boss is on vacation.  The higher ups should never allow that to happen, no matter what they think of HV.  What she is doing is discrimination just as much as if you were of a race she couldn't tolerate.  I don't understand why they don't get that and how inappropriate it is.  It's creating a hostile work environment and they are responsible to fix that - volunteer job or not.  As a PP said, it's illegal.

They really need to call her in, sit her down and give her a clue.  Right after they get one apparently.

Keep your head up.  You are obviously the better person and hopefully things will come around in the end.

Chicki

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »
ROFL!!!  Wouldn't that be karma biting her in the butt.  Her having to report to you...I LOVE IT!!  >:D

If asking the kitties if they want a knuckle sandwich is her criteria for judging you...add me to the list of bad people(hey - at lease I'm in good company!!).  I've certainly asked my kitty that when she's being a little booger...LOL.  And, as you said - it's immediately followed by hugs and kisses.  I'm also with you on the old clothing thing.  Makes sense to me!!! 

Keep up the good work on the Spanish.  In the mean time, kill her with kindness and smile a lot.  It'll drive her crazy and make her look like the old meanie she is if she doesn't respond in kind.  ;) 

Calypso

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »
KittyBass, just want to second the hugs, congrats on your new authority, and many many thank yous for taking care of kitties. I love cats and they add so much to life!

OT question: we just moved from our apartment complex to a house with a yard. We were part of a group of people at the complex who were feeding two feral cats who always hung out together. I wanted to catch them and move them up with me (all the other feeding people have moved). I caught one yesterday, but the second is being very leery of the trap. I think they would be happier together than separate from each other. Any advice for me on getting the fraidy cat to go into the trap? I've baited it with the smelliest things I can think of (tuna, chicken, etc) and put a blanket over the top they used to sleep on to make it less scary, but he's not having it. Any ideas for me??

petal

• Dancing Queen
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 07:54:36 PM »
KittyBass  if you really like working there (except with the pain)  then let management know  you'd like to be 2IC  or a paid worker

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
KittyBass, just want to second the hugs, congrats on your new authority, and many many thank yous for taking care of kitties. I love cats and they add so much to life!

OT question: we just moved from our apartment complex to a house with a yard. We were part of a group of people at the complex who were feeding two feral cats who always hung out together. I wanted to catch them and move them up with me (all the other feeding people have moved). I caught one yesterday, but the second is being very leery of the trap. I think they would be happier together than separate from each other. Any advice for me on getting the fraidy cat to go into the trap? I\'ve baited it with the smelliest things I can think of (tuna, chicken, etc) and put a blanket over the top they used to sleep on to make it less scary, but he\'s not having it. Any ideas for me??

Is this a humane trap? And is it cat sized? He might be leery if he saw his friend trapped. So you want to be very careful not to scare him away. You can try a box trap - where you wait around and once you see him in the box close the door.

Are you still feeding him in other places? Have the trap locked open and put the food closer and closer to it. So that he can go in and see it is not scary. Then when he is comfortable going in the trap you can set it. You can join

missingcatassistance on yahoo - there are plenty of people there with experiance trapping skittish kitties. I do think he will be happier with his friend.