Author Topic: Hubby in Training - I got him to use it!!  (Read 4870 times)

punkyrubberducky4

Hubby in Training - I got him to use it!!
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
Hubby's uncle dropped us an email last night saying, (and I quote) "We’re doing the garage sale this next Saturday and were wondering if you guys were able to come down sometime before Saturday morning (or Saturday morning prior to 10am) to get the baby stuff we’ve got for you."

1. We are night owls.  He and I stay up super-late Friday nights watching movies and playing video games.  (Hey, we don't have kids yet...) so we sleep in Saturday mornings.  Yes, we can get up, that's not the major problem.  The major problem is...

2. We're taking my SIL to go see The Dark Knight on imax Saturday.  So we would have to drive the hour and a half to Uncle's house, and then the hour and a half back home, because remember this is BEFORE 10 am and  FIL's wife would have a hissy fit if we showed up before noon on a Saturday.  Then we would have to drive the 45-1 hr to get SIL (she's 16 and can't drive yet) and then down to Seattle (30 min on a good day).  Our movie starts at 4 and we probably want to be there 30-45 early.  That's a lot of gas and time.  By the time we would get to the movie, we would be tired, cranky, and worn out. 

Hubby argued with me that he would go down and get the stuff Sat. morning, but I said NO!  You tell him it's just not possible, and can we arrange for another day?  So he called Uncle and told him that it wasn't possible and they're going to work out another day.  Hooray E-Hell!

rashea

• Super Hero!
Re: Hubby in Training - I got him to use it!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »
Yeah! The line saved the day.

Actually, I think this is a perfect use of that line.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

StressedGroom

• Mr. Goblue2539
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way; but the way I read that is that you were offended that the Uncle asked you to pick up something he was giving you sometime over the next week, not necessarily Saturday morning. 

sbtier

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way; but the way I read that is that you were offended that the Uncle asked you to pick up something he was giving you sometime over the next week, not necessarily Saturday morning. 
I took it this way as well. I don't think this was an occasion to use 'the line'.  I would have apologized and said that day was bad, could we come another time.

vandalfan

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
My impression was that, unless the baby items are picked up before the yard sale at 10 am, they will be sold at that time.

punkyrubberducky4

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »
My impression was that, unless the baby items are picked up before the yard sale at 10 am, they will be sold at that time.

Yup, we ended up going the Wednesday before their sale.  It all worked out well in the end.