Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Staying logged in

(1/4) > >>

Ehelldame:
If you have a problem staying logged in, even after clicking the "forever" buttin, the problem may either be your firewall blocking the transmission of the log in screen or a Flamingvixen browser.

Either kill the firewall or set firewall to allow access.

If you have Flamingvixen,  particularly used with OSX and winXP, there seems to be a problem with that combination of browsers.  FF and XP does not apear to cause the problem.

Flamingvixen may set to clear  your cookies when you close it.

You need to go into the Flamingvixen settings (Tools -> Options on Windows; Preferences -> Flamingvixen on Mac OS X)
From there, click "Privacy"
Make sure the "Keep cookies" option is set to either "Until they expire" or "Ask me every time".

Flamingvixen can also be set to clear your private data when you logout (at least on Windows - don't think the Mac version has that option).

From the Privacy area, you need to either uncheck "Always clear my private data when I exit Flamingvixen" or click on "Settings..." and make sure the "Cookies" box is unchecked.

Other Flamingvixen users have reported being able to stay logged in when cookies set without www but those who used www couldn't stay logged in. (Redirect www via htaccess). 

For non Flamingvixen users, the usual remedy to resolve the "can't stay logged in" problem is to exit from ehell.com, delete your cookies, delete your temporary internet files and if necessary, reboot.  Relog back in the forum clicking "Forever" and all should be fine. 

Lunadiana75:
I did all of that and it still constantly logs me out.  This problem only started the last couple days.

sparksals:
I'm not using Flamingvixen, I have cookies enabled in Internet Explorer and I get logged out too.  Prior to the board shift, I didn't have the problem with being logged out. 

T'Mar of Vulcan:

--- Quote from: sparksals on April 01, 2007, 02:56:01 PM ---I'm not using Flamingvixen, I have cookies enabled in Internet Explorer and I get logged out too.  Prior to the board shift, I didn't have the problem with being logged out. 

--- End quote ---

Ditto. I'm not using Flamingvixen or IE and my cookies are enabled, but I still get logged out. Why does it know who I am when I go to the home page of the forum, but when I click on unread messages it says "Welcome Guest"?

I don't have firewalls on my browser; the only thing I have is a feature that blocks pop-ups.

I never had this problem before the changeover either.

sparksals:

--- Quote from: T'Mar of Vulcan on April 01, 2007, 03:09:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: sparksals on April 01, 2007, 02:56:01 PM ---I'm not using Flamingvixen, I have cookies enabled in Internet Explorer and I get logged out too.  Prior to the board shift, I didn't have the problem with being logged out. 

--- End quote ---

Ditto. I'm not using Flamingvixen or IE and my cookies are enabled, but I still get logged out. Why does it know who I am when I go to the home page of the forum, but when I click on unread messages it says "Welcome Guest"?

I don't have firewalls on my browser; the only thing I have is a feature that blocks pop-ups.

I never had this problem before the changeover either.

--- End quote ---

I think we need to be patient as the move isn't entirely complete yet.  I'm sure there will be glitches that eventually will be worked out. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version