Author Topic: Please help solve an argument  (Read 5949 times)

sandy

Re: Please help solve an argument
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 10:14:28 PM »
i can see how that would be a bit of a pinch..but it's do-able, one can grab a quick bite on way home, or make a quick sandwich, i dont see it as a real big deal but that's just me..

loopey2u

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 10:27:18 PM »
I think it's kind of rude to just serve coffee and cake at that hour too. It's still dinnertime as far as our family is concerned.  A few pizzas/subs and an appetizer or two would be nice along with the cake for the people who haven't had a chance to eat dinner before the party.

I always thought the host was supposed to consider and try to accommodate their guests needs when planning a party.  This lady wasn't.

It's great that she doesn't want the party on the weekends because people stay too long, (ITA because it's happened to me too and now we have them on Sunday afternoons) but this kind of sounds like a "bring your gift and get out quickly" kind of party.

Lynda_34

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 11:45:40 PM »
Until my children could read calendars and tell time their birthday parties were held on the Saturday closest to their date.  They didn't know the difference and I had a lot less stress.  ;)

Jaywalker

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 02:31:03 PM »
the dinner hour varies from group to group --
'
we are barely home from work by 6:30 and would never eat before 7 -- we tended to try to get dinner on by 6:30 when our kids were young

6:30 seems like smack in the dinner hour to me except for people who do shift work and eat on a really different schedule

if one wants to have a cake and ice cream party for an adult (a bit weird in itself) then I think that 7 would be the absolute earliest -- and then make VERY clear that it is only dessert --

in all these discussions of times, one has to factor in travel time, clean up after dinner etc -- how many people eat dinner and have the dishes done and could then get ready and drive to someplace and be there at 6:30?